PDA

View Full Version : Drexel VIP Application anyone?

meowmix
08-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Anybody planning to/already submitted this application? I just sent mine in a few minutes ago... and I dearly wish that all applications were like this. No activity requests, no teacher recommendations, practically nothing. The app took 5 minutes to fill out, doesn't cost me anything (the application fee is waived), and all they want are my scores and a counselor recommendation that, from the looks of it, should take my counselor 10 minutes to fill out.

Anybody else planning on it?

dave333
08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Hmmm this is quite intriguing...I should consider it. But how is Drexel?

meowmix
08-27-2009, 05:36 PM
It's not bad. University in Phili, with everything (law, med, etc). Nothing exceptional, a bit better than your average state school, pretty much a safety for you dave333 (if I remember, you were the guy that interviewed for yale on campus?). Basically, I decided to apply because
1. it's such a short application
2. it's 45 minutes from my home, making it an easy commute and saving me (potentially) a lot of money
3. it's not a bad school

Lakoste
08-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Schools that send out applications like this will typically accept almost anyone. They better be giving you a pretty generous scholarship (10-15k) before you should even consider going there.

Claudius
08-27-2009, 06:03 PM
I'll be applying to the U.Chicago early. Wish me luck!

LanEvo
08-27-2009, 07:34 PM
i recieved this emaila s well, i live in NorCal, but the website isnt working, so ill have to apply later, but yea same stuff

meowmix
08-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Schools that send out applications like this will typically accept almost anyone. They better be giving you a pretty generous scholarship (10-15k) before you should even consider going there.

Fordham accepts everyone? Cause I just got an email similar to the thing I got from Drexel.

And the only way I'm considering drexel is if 1. they give me full ride or 2. nobody else accepts me.

Lakoste
08-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Fordham accepts everyone? Cause I just got an email similar to the thing I got from Drexel.

And the only way I'm considering drexel is if 1. they give me full ride or 2. nobody else accepts me.

Fordham used to be a lot more prestigious, now its run of the mill. Not many people outside of the east coast know about it.

Drexel giving you a full ride? Maybe if you get a bunch of smaller scholarships, but definitely not all from Drexel. Delusional.

zidane339
08-28-2009, 05:11 AM
Fordham used to be a lot more prestigious, now its run of the mill. Not many people outside of the east coast know about it.

Drexel giving you a full ride? Maybe if you get a bunch of smaller scholarships, but definitely not all from Drexel. Delusional.

You've obviously not seen Meow's resume.:)