PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on Blackburne Double Strung.

plum
08-27-2009, 05:01 PM
My mishits are out of control and the pain and jarring of my elbow structure (back of the elbow) and accompanying tendons would easily lead me to want a racquet that is the best for dealing with this effect And BTW, all you wanna be pros who want to tell me to learn how to hit the sweet spot every itme including severs half volleys lobs volleys on-the-run ground stokes forehand and backhand etc., well, stay out of my thread please... Yes, in a perfect world I would not casue this tension by not hitting my frame (or close to it) one out of every 10 shots. But, this particular tension-- knock on wood-- is the only injurious situation currently preventing me from everyday play for 2 hours. And I think that is pretty good for 40, playing for about 3 years now. Tha ks everybody...

furyoku_tennis
08-27-2009, 05:22 PM
have you tried the pro kennex line? they offer quite a variety of specs and are quite soft on the elbow. nothing wrong with a blackburne, but its pretty hard to come by. not to mention there isn't as much variety in terms of specs, unless you like the specs on the ones they already have.

plum
08-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks, actually I have, the heaviest racquet that I know of on the market-- without lead:
The ProKennex PSE ki 5; sure it's great when you hit the sting bed-- at 13 OZ, but when you hit the frame-- or close to it, it seems no matter how heavy the racuqet is, the vibration goes right to your arm. I like the idea that you can hit the edge of a racquet, and still hit the string bed. This could really reduce the vibration from off center hits. The other option is Big Bubba. I guess the next racquet thread is Blackburne vs Big Bubba. I mean, with a very LARGE hitting area, you'll also have overall less vibration to the arm on mishits. But, when you hit the middle of the string bed, you might rocket launch the ball to the moon?:

furyoku_tennis
08-27-2009, 06:54 PM
if you mishit with a big bubba i think you'd feel even more shock since its so light and there's no weight behind it. the idea of the blackburne sounds interesting, and to be honest, i'm curious to try one myself, but it doesn't seem very realistic. i don't know if the technology works, but if it did, i'd think a lot more people would be talking about it.

i have a ki 5 pse as well and it is a sweet racquet to hit with. what do you normally string with? maybe you should try a soft string with a low tension and a dampener.

martinrousev
08-28-2009, 04:15 AM
I haven't tried it but everyone who has says one thing. Avoid! Maybe you are using the wrong racquet. Is the one you are using now designed for your type of swing? If you have a short swing and you are trying to play with 95 inch racquet then the mishits are inevitable. Also if you play with extreme topspin and you are not timing your shots right might be another reason. I believe one oversized racquet and some time spent working on your technique will be enough.

michaelavich
08-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Maybe trying a flexible 12oz "players" oversize could help. Bigger sweetspot and enough weight behind it to protect your arm... Might need some time to heal first though. Taking time off tennis might be harder to do than finding one of those blackburns.

plum
08-28-2009, 06:19 AM
i have a ki 5 pse as well and it is a sweet racquet to hit with. what do you normally string with?

Well mine is strung at 54 Natural Gut, and unforntunately I don't like the way my slice return sails long, but I couldn't imagine stringing it any tighter either.

For some reason the dead poly on my Fischer M Speed 105 feels perfect, but maybe that is aggravating my elbow?

Point being here is that I already play an oversize. I have a couple of POG single stripe and new tour version, the pse, and the Fischer which is my favorite racquet right now...

I haven't tried it but everyone who has says one thing. Avoid!

WHY? how about an elaboration please...