PDA

View Full Version : 95 -- 110 (something in middle?)

a_d_y_a
08-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi
I currently own two racquets:

1. Yonex RD Power 6 Long
Head Size: 95, Weight: 11.5, Swingweight: 303, Stiffness: 57
thoughts: underpowered (especially 1H backhand), no crispness, slow at the net

2. Yonex RQ-Ti Pro Long
Head Size: 110, Weight: ~10, Swingweight: ?, Stiffness: 60
thoughts: adequate power, very poor control, feels like a beginner
racquet (lend to wife)

Both are getting old and I need a new toy. Any suggestions? I am
attracted to Babolat brand(dunno why). A control oriented racquet. (not a yonex)

allcourt player. (3.5)

Xtreme
08-27-2009, 07:59 PM
dunlop 4D 300 tour. Hits like a heavy racket without being heavy. Headsize 98. stiffness 63. swingweight 318. 5pts HL. 11.3 oz strung. thats just my 2 cents. Good luck finding a new racket:)

furyoku_tennis
08-27-2009, 08:01 PM
if you're looking for a control racquet from babolat that leaves you with a few choices: the pure storm line or the aero storm line.

Meaghan
08-28-2009, 02:28 AM
If you do Babolat, pure storm IMO is best for all court players.
From your description above and the fact that you dont like yonex, Im thinking a mid plus racket, mid-low power.
IMO the racket most people respond to at your level is Prince speedport white, good volleys, good power, good spin.

a_d_y_a
08-28-2009, 09:14 AM
thanks for the replies. I will check out the dunlop and prince white. Doesnt have to be bab. Anybody played with all of these racquets?

@furyoku_tennis what are the main differences between pure and aero storm?
pure storm seems to be missing key techs like cortex, aerobeam.

Also I read around the forum that the pure storm is fragile. Is that true?

furyoku_tennis
08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
thanks for the replies. I will check out the dunlop and prince white. Doesnt have to be bab. Anybody played with all of these racquets?

@furyoku_tennis what are the main differences between pure and aero storm?
pure storm seems to be missing key techs like cortex, aerobeam.

Also I read around the forum that the pure storm is fragile. Is that true?

the aero storm is a combination of the pure storm line and the aeropro line. other than that, the specs and everything seem pretty similar. if you're interested, you should demo both of them and see which one you like better.

as for the fragility of the pure storm, i'm not sure what that refers to. if you're talking about the paintjob, then it comes off pretty easily especially if you dig out a volley or aren't careful when you string. i think it uses some kind of matte like rubber paint, but i'm not sure. i'll have to take a look at mine and get back to you on that later.

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 10:12 AM
the aero storm is a combination of the pure storm line and the aeropro line. other than that, the specs and everything seem pretty similar. if you're interested, you should demo both of them and see which one you like better.

as for the fragility of the pure storm, i'm not sure what that refers to. if you're talking about the paintjob, then it comes off pretty easily especially if you dig out a volley or aren't careful when you string. i think it uses some kind of matte like rubber paint, but i'm not sure. i'll have to take a look at mine and get back to you on that later.

The Pure Storm Tour just has a plain matte PJ, not like the Redondo... The paint does chip fairly easily when you dig for those low shots.

The difference I found between the two frames is the Aerostorm has a much higher SW, but in return, you get more plow through and pace on the shots.
I haven't tried the Pure Storm with any stiff poly's so I can't say it would feel nice, but strung with Kirschbaum Touch Turbo, it gives the frame a really soft/plush/arm friendly feel.

Both also have really good spin potential, but of the two, the Pure Storm was a better match for my swing style.

dadozen
08-28-2009, 11:29 AM
dunlop 4D 300 tour. Hits like a heavy racket without being heavy. Headsize 98. stiffness 63. swingweight 318. 5pts HL. 11.3 oz strung. thats just my 2 cents. Good luck finding a new racket:)

Excellent advice;)

It sure it a very nice racquet. Agree that it plays like a heavier racquet without being heavy. Nice plw through effect, nice spin potential, nice pace, everything. And still very manuveurable.

Added 5g under the butt cap and I'm thinking about adding some lead to the hoop. I just don't like much appearing lead.

I've had 2 PStorms, but I switched them in 3 months. Babolat says it's the PControl evolution, but the Storms play a lot differently from the Controls( which I also had ). Compared to the old Control, the current Storm non-GT is pure garbage.

And, the paint does chip very easily.

Cheers,

The_Question
08-28-2009, 11:35 AM
I say K Tour, based on your Yonex RD Power 6 experience...

iplaytennislolol
08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
you could also try wilson ntour 2. head size is 95, strung weight is 10.6oz, stringweight is 320, and stiffness is 62. i find it very easy to play with

JackB1
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
The Dunlop 300 is a very nice frame except for one major thing.....it is VERY low powered compared to other similar frames. You need to supply your own power completely.

dincuss
08-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Try the Pure Storm or Pure Storm Tour.

furyoku_tennis
08-28-2009, 12:27 PM
it seems like the general consensus is either the pure storm line or the 4d 300 tour. personally, i'd go with the pure storm tour, but you should definitely give all of them a demo and see which one you like best.

furyoku_tennis
08-28-2009, 06:47 PM
i saw your wanted ad and i have some racquets you might be interested in. let me know if you are, just email me through my profile.

Mdubb23
08-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Unlike others, I actually think a Pure Drive would make a lot of sense for you.