PDA

View Full Version : Can the frame be damaged...

killertubbie
08-27-2009, 07:58 PM
if you put pressure like this on the floor?

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1460/uso2009007a.jpg

furyoku_tennis
08-27-2009, 08:04 PM
i wouldn't think so, unless you were purposely pushing down on it or sitting on it somehow. racquets can be strung and can handle pressures of like 60lbs. from that picture, i don't think federer is putting more than 60lbs of weight on the racquet.

however, i wouldn't recommend doing that. if it does damage the racquet, then you pretty much screwed yourself over. federer is sponsored so he can get new ones for free. we don't have that luxury.

that's my two cents anyway

tennisegg
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Ah well, he only has what, 5 more of those in his bag? Not like he really needs to worry about damaging his racquet, heck, he could smash a racquet after each set and still have enough to finish a match. Unfortunately, most of us don't have that, so whether it damages the frame or not, don't take that chance? On a different note, I sometimes put my racquet like that, but I put my foot under it, so I can't press it too hard, and there's at least something soft (well, softer than a hard court) underneath it.

NoNameZ
08-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Ah well, he only has what, 5 more of those in his bag? Not like he really needs to worry about damaging his racquet, heck, he could smash a racquet after each set and still have enough to finish a match. Unfortunately, most of us don't have that, so whether it damages the frame or not, don't take that chance? On a different note, I sometimes put my racquet like that, but I put my foot under it, so I can't press it too hard, and there's at least something soft (well, softer than a hard court) underneath it.

Safin breaks a whole bunch in a set sometimes...but he doesn't care....

It's not suggested that you do what Fed's doing, but you can do what tennisegg suggests. This limits the amount of pressure applied, unless you wanna break your toes... but best thing to do is to just take care of your racket and keep the damage potential to a minimum.

TennisNinja
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I used o sit on my rackets with the buttcap on the groin and it never did any damage. Still i dont so it anymore just to be careful.

gsquicksilver
08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
if it was unstrung, yes. but strung, u got the cross strings keeping the racquet from bowing horizontally.