PDA

View Full Version : Im going crazy choosing my new racquet..

guille_vilas
08-28-2009, 04:52 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1978754&l=6e42c31c49&id=560231623

Hi guys, im looking to change my Babolat Pure Drive Gt Roddick...
My idea is to buy a similar weight racquet, but i dont want that my new racquet vibrates like my PD use to...
I was trying KFactor 95, and I really improve with my serves and volleys, I believed it was for the stiffness, but with this racquet i cant have my topspin.

Im from Argentina, so im a Clay player, and all my rivals plays high and heavy...

Some guy from this forum told me to try Prince Exo3 revel 95. But when i checked the specs. it is like K factor 95....

I dont want to buy again a wrong racquet...

Ideas?

Thanks a lot

wyutani
08-28-2009, 05:00 AM
since u play on clay, im thinking of APDC. i mean, it generates alot of spin, ideal for clay and u could serve well on it.

my friend suggested that i should buy as many APDC as i can becos he said the GT version of the aeropro wont be the same. well, think about it.

pmerk34
08-28-2009, 05:01 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1978754&l=6e42c31c49&id=560231623

Hi guys, im looking to change my Babolat Pure Drive Gt Roddick...
My idea is to buy a similar weight racquet, but i dont want that my new racquet vibrates like my PD use to...
I was trying KFactor 95, and I really improve with my serves and volleys, I believed it was for the stiffness, but with this racquet i cant have my topspin.

Im from Argentina, so im a Clay player, and all my rivals plays high and heavy...

Some guy from this forum told me to try Prince Exo3 revel 95. But when i checked the specs. it is like K factor 95....

I dont want to buy again a wrong racquet...

Ideas?

Thanks a lot

Head Radical Pro

eagle
08-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Hmmmm.... since you are not within the TW demo geographical area, suggesting you try TW demo racquets would be pointless.

Do you have any local pro shops that would allow you to take demo racquets for a spin?

If not, have you borrowed any of your fellow players' racquets to try them out?

You will get all sorts of suggestions and recommendations but until you actually hit with the racquet, it's going to be a crapshoot for you buying something you've never hit before.

When I was looking to replace my Volkl Cat 4 racquets a few years ago, I looked at potential racquet specs and based on the data I tried them out. None of them really jumped at me as the replacement until I came across the Tour Diablo Mid in a pile of old racquets from a local pro shop. I asked if I could try it out. The rest is history for me. :-)

Don't set your heart on a specific brand or model just because everyone else is using it or because it is touted as the best for this or that and gives you this or that. There is not one racquet that will suit your game. There will be many. Remember that every racquet is over-engineered to exceed most players' abilities. Just try out as many racquets you can get your hands on and get the one that is a match to your playing style and abilities.

Good luck.

r,
eagle

guille_vilas
08-28-2009, 05:11 AM
since u play on clay, im thinking of APDC. i mean, it generates alot of spin, ideal for clay and u could serve well on it.

my friend suggested that i should buy as many APDC as i can becos he said the GT version of the aeropro wont be the same. well, think about it.

Sorry man, but dont really understand you, i also use to have Aero Pure Drive Cortex, but it vibrates like the GT. Thanks anyway..

guille_vilas
08-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Hmmmm.... since you are not within the TW demo geographical area, suggesting you try TW demo racquets would be pointless.

Do you have any local pro shops that would allow you to take demo racquets for a spin?

If not, have you borrowed any of your fellow players' racquets to try them out?

You will get all sorts of suggestions and recommendations but until you actually hit with the racquet, it's going to be a crapshoot for you buying something you've never hit before.

When I was looking to replace my Volkl Cat 4 racquets a few years ago, I looked at potential racquet specs and based on the data I tried them out. None of them really jumped at me as the replacement until I came across the Tour Diablo Mid in a pile of old racquets from a local pro shop. I asked if I could try it out. The rest is history for me. :-)

Don't set your heart on a specific brand or model just because everyone else is using it or because it is touted as the best for this or that and gives you this or that. There is not one racquet that will suit your game. There will be many. Remember that every racquet is over-engineered to exceed most players' abilities. Just try out as many racquets you can get your hands on and get the one that is a match to your playing style and abilities.

Good luck.

r,
eagle

Thank you eagle, my first racquet was a Prince Diablo Xp... then i broke it, haha

Meaghan
08-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Hi Guille
It was me who recommended the rebel. I did it for a good reason and that is I have played with both and had the same problem that you have. with the K95 i had great power, serving was amazing, control and stability amazing but I just couldnt keep the ball in, I kept hitting long and reallystruggled for spin. I tried numerous other rackets to recreate the k95 but with spin. As i did this I found that I played better with flexier rackets. Then I came across the rebel, almost identical spec as the k95 so I tried it and wow the spin is amazing, almost exactly the same pop as the k95, serves as good, better touch, more spin. Volleys the same as the k95 if technique is good it volleys good, but can be a little cumbersome at times.
I have tried loads of rackets and have ended up here.....the only other racket i have found that has a similar spec and hits with even more spin is Prince Ozone Pro Tour.
My strings below are really important too and work really well on the rebel.

guille_vilas
08-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Hi Guille
It was me who recommended the rebel. I did it for a good reason and that is I have played with both and had the same problem that you have. with the K95 i had great power, serving was amazing, control and stability amazing but I just couldnt keep the ball in, I kept hitting long and reallystruggled for spin. I tried numerous other rackets to recreate the k95 but with spin. As i did this I found that I played better with flexier rackets. Then I came across the rebel, almost identical spec as the k95 so I tried it and wow the spin is amazing, almost exactly the same pop as the k95, serves as good, better touch, more spin. Volleys the same as the k95 if technique is good it volleys good, but can be a little cumbersome at times.
I have tried loads of rackets and have ended up here.....the only other racket i have found that has a similar spec and hits with even more spin is Prince Ozone Pro Tour.
My strings below are really important too and work really well on the rebel.

Ok Meaghan! We are talking the same language... I will definitely try it, and youre right, i will try your strings config. also., Will let you know when i have it on my hands.
Thanks again!

Meaghan
08-28-2009, 05:37 AM
I have read some reviews that have said lack of spin (tennis. com) but their play testers must have been using the prince string, I mean i struggle with spin and power when i use Alu rough for instance, whereas i hear lots of people rave about it.
Ive tried a few polys and at the moment the PHThas been the best for me, but I think the x1 biphase is just a lovely string but too powerful in a full bed.
When i received my first rebel it had this funny buzz when i hit it and it put me off a little, but I think it was the floating stringbed settling in and i couldnt believe the spin i was getting, great topspin, but the slice is unbelievable! The technology is not bogus the holes and floating stringbed definately create a unique feel.
Have a look for the EX men club on these boards and read all about it.

eagle
08-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Guile,

When you try out a racquet, please try not be overly excited about it. Your excitement and high hopes for it might make you think it is the super duper racquet that is a match to your game. It might not be.

Keep in mind also that there is a honeymoon phase with a new and unfamiliar racquet. You might hit well with the racquet for a few sessions, then the excitement subsides and you cannot buy a decent stroke from it. Honeymoon over.

Try to be objective and really take the time to assess if it gives you what you are looking for.

Evaluate every aspect of your game with that racquet in your hand.

Don't rate it based on what people told you about it.

Rate it based on your personal experience because in the end, it is what you think that matters.

r,
eagle

pmerk34
08-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Guile,

When you try out a racquet, please try not be overly excited about it. Your excitement and high hopes for it might make you think it is the super duper racquet that is a match to your game. It might not be.

Keep in mind also that there is a honeymoon phase with a new and unfamiliar racquet. You might hit well with the racquet for a few sessions, then the excitement subsides and you cannot buy a decent stroke from it. Honeymoon over.

Try to be objective and really take the time to assess if it gives you what you are looking for.

Evaluate every aspect of your game with that racquet in your hand.

Don't rate it based on what people told you about it.

Rate it based on your personal experience because in the end, it is what you think that matters.

r,
eagle

The K90 was horrible. Thank God I play tested that stiff pea sized sweetspot having sledgehammer weight frame

guille_vilas
08-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Hey Guys i finally bought my Exo 3 Rebel. It is an incredible racquet! Im very happy! My topspin is incredible and my servessss wowwww... Now im going to kick some asses, will let you know!

film1
08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
You might want to try the exo rebel