PDA

View Full Version : Will black code cause any arm problems?

SAFMAN69
08-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi, I get tennis elbow fairly easily from stiff poly's such as PHT and Alu power, and was just wondering whether Black Code will give me arm problems or if it will be comfortable?

does anyone who had arm problems now play with black code?

how does the playabilty of black code compare to say, pht or alu power?

thanks.

dantesinferno18
08-28-2009, 08:39 AM
i hybrided it with wilson reaction and it felt fine. the only problem was that the black code sawed right throught it. I too get arm problems fairly easy.

SAFMAN69
08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
i hybrided it with wilson reaction and it felt fine. the only problem was that the black code sawed right throught it. I too get arm problems fairly easy.

have you tried it as a full job?

ryushen21
08-28-2009, 08:53 AM
I use mine in a full bed at 62/60 and no problems as of yet.

dantesinferno18
08-28-2009, 10:32 AM
have you tried it as a full job?

no i have not but dont think it would cause problems its pretty forgiving

SAFMAN69
08-28-2009, 10:40 AM
I use mine in a full bed at 62/60 and no problems as of yet.

how does it compare to alu power or PHT?

ryushen21
08-28-2009, 10:53 AM
In terms of arm problems, better than both. It's not as stiff so it feels a lot better.

bsandy
08-28-2009, 11:02 AM
If you are already having arm problems, I would not recommend it. It is only ever so slightly softer than the strings you mention.

. . . BUd

SAFMAN69
08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
If you are already having arm problems, I would not recommend it. It is only ever so slightly softer than the strings you mention.

. . . BUd

i dont have bad arm problems.. if im using a siff string.. they arise.. but otherwise it quickly settles.

i also would like ot know how it plays in comparison?

galain
09-03-2009, 05:12 AM
I used it as the first poly I'd ever tried and had a sore elbow the first two times I played with it (in a PT 630 at 52lbs). After that there were no problems but I did find it lost it's playability pretty quickly. I'm a poly newb though and have nothing to compare it to.

ryangoring
09-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Ok I have used both. The black code I strung up at 59lbs and it felt really good and held up pretty well, playing under both clay and hard courts. I have Wilson Kpro Tours, and at one point I was having the elbow issues. Switched to multis and then back to polys. Black code was the first one I used getting back into it. It didn't feel like the Alu strung at that same tension. The Alu was more stiffer, board like. So I drop it down to 50lbs and I am loving the feel. Not as harsh as at 59lbs.
I believe black code is a softer poly and should be treated as such.
Try them out and have fun with it.

ryushen21
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
i dont have bad arm problems.. if im using a siff string.. they arise.. but otherwise it quickly settles.

i also would like ot know how it plays in comparison?

Here's the breakdown that I can give you.

ALU Rough is great for the 5 hours that it lasts before it dies. But even dying, it feels better than a lot of other.

PHT is ok. It's kind of in the middle. It produces enough spin but can lack feel in a full bed. It's definitely stiff.

BC for me is the best compromise I can imagine. Great spin, good feel and control, and I love that it is a softer poly. I get more time out of it so that makes it a better value for me.

フェデラー
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
i used black code with biphase and after every practice session i felt very sore. I trashed it and now i feel fine.

Wakenslam
09-04-2009, 10:08 AM
The black code is a great string, but it really messed up my elbow after only two sessions. I went back to live wire, but it still hurts two weeks later.

thundaga
09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I find BC considerably more forgiving than PHT, better feel with slightly less spin so i went up to an 18 gauge.