PDA

View Full Version : Starting clamp position - Stringing mains - Polys are getting marked

bsardana
08-28-2009, 08:35 AM
While stringing poly mains (1.18, 1.23 gauges), I clamp the long side (dual action, swivel) close to the throat side frame and apply tension on the short side and then continue stringing the short side.

I am noticing that the starting clamp position on the long side is marking the polys a bit. Is this pretty normal? I do unlock the swivel lever before releasing the clamp.

Wanted to know techniques if this can be avoided?

Irvin
08-28-2009, 10:44 AM
While stringing poly mains (1.18, 1.23 gauges), I clamp the long side (dual action, swivel) close to the throat side frame and apply tension on the short side and then continue stringing the short side.

I am noticing that the starting clamp position on the long side is marking the polys a bit. Is this pretty normal? I do unlock the swivel lever before releasing the clamp.

Wanted to know techniques if this can be avoided?

First double pull the first two mains and then apply your clamp. This sets tension in the clamp and should help avoid string damage. If you are still having problem make sure the clamps are clean and adjusted properly. Also placing a starting clamp on the string up as close to the clamp as possible could help.

Irvin