PDA

View Full Version : Will revenge cause arm problems?

dantesinferno18
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I had some arm problems this summer but i have not been getting them in over a month. I have been stretching my arm and doing excersizes. Do you guys think it is safe to use revenge 17 in a full job or should I hybrid it with something lik Gosen OG Micro or superfine play? And if you are wondering i am using a Pure drive Roddick

Danstevens
08-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Revenge is very stiff and harsh, it's sort of like Duralast in that sense. I would recommend anyone with arm problems to stay well clear of it.

Your racket isn't exactly arm friendly either. I would go for a multi or a soft poly like Pro Supex Big Ace or Luxilon's M2, Alu Fluoro or Ace.

dantesinferno18
08-28-2009, 02:23 PM
i thought luxilon strings were some of the stiffest strings on the market

star 5 15
08-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Revenge is very stiff and harsh, it's sort of like Duralast in that sense. I would recommend anyone with arm problems to stay well clear of it.

Your racket isn't exactly arm friendly either. I would go for a multi or a soft poly like Pro Supex Big Ace or Luxilon's M2, Alu Fluoro or Ace.

I know by that description that you have not played with Revenge. I used it extensively as r200c and i have a reel right now. It is one of the softest FEELING polys ive used. much softer than hurricane or pht. It did get a high stiffness rating but it plays very soft and dampened. Kind of like M2 but not quiet as soft. I don't like it as much as alu power because its not stuff enough. You have 0 to worry about in terms of arm problems.

ryushen21
08-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Star...does revenge live up to its hype about tension maintenance? How many hours of play can you get out of it before it goes dead?