PDA

View Full Version : Donnay Pro One mid vs OS

sstchur
08-28-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm currently demoing the Donnay Pro One mid and really really like it!

I can't help but wonder about the OS though. I'm typically not one to use racquets over 100 though.

Can anyone offer feedback comparing the two?

I don't want to spend another $16 bucks just to demo the OS version.

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
well there have been numerous(2-3) threads concerning this. Some even have comparisons. The one about the Donnay Pro One Mid down there has some good feed back on both. Please use the search function next time. Thanks

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Here, so you don't have to search:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=283946

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=274878

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=195220

sstchur
08-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I've been through all of those thread, and none of them really had what I was looking for. I searched within the last one (since it was huge) but didn't really find anything that way either.

I'm interested in someone who has played with both and can comment.

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 11:55 AM
They're very similar in feel. The OS is stiffer, and has more power, and a bigger serve. The mid IMO, would be better if it were leaded up, check out the club for some good setups.

sstchur
08-28-2009, 11:59 AM
They're very similar in feel. The OS is stiffer, and has more power, and a bigger serve. The mid IMO, would be better if it were leaded up, check out the club for some good setups.

Are you a club member? As I was demoing I also thought to myself that it might be ideal with some lead.

I like it a lot, but it's hard to tell as the demo has really crappy nylon strings. And I'd need to replace that grip too. Also wish the pallet itself were longer.

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Are you a club member? As I was demoing I also thought to myself that it might be ideal with some lead.

I like it a lot, but it's hard to tell as the demo has really crappy nylon strings. And I'd need to replace that grip too. Also wish the pallet itself were longer.

I'm not a member, and I skipped the demo stage and just bought one. The grip's a bit short for a two hand, but you can manage. If you have time, just scroll down the club page a bit and see matchmaker's set-up. I used that and it felt great.

What's your playstyle, and what do you look for in a racket? that might help me fill in some info regarding the two rackets.

sstchur
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm not a member, and I skipped the demo stage and just bought one. The grip's a bit short for a two hand, but you can manage. If you have time, just scroll down the club page a bit and see matchmaker's set-up. I used that and it felt great.

What's your playstyle, and what do you look for in a racket? that might help me fill in some info regarding the two rackets.

I would say I'm all all court player. I'm pretty comfortable at the baseline, but I look for a short ball to either approach and finish off the point, or come to net and end it (but I'm comfortable staying back and just pounding the ball).

I tend to shy away from large head sizes as they feel unwieldy to me (especially on serve).

I like a very very flexible racquet. I love it when the ball almost feels "flat". I take a /very/ full and very fast swing. I'm not a huge guy but I can generate plenty of my own pace.

I played w/ the Gamma T-7 for a long time, but it is too light in stock form. I leaded up the handle to make it about 12.1 overall. It is very flexible and gives me a nice "pocketing" sensation, but the frame is a little thick at 3 and 9 (thin everywhere else) which I think adds some power that I don't want (the ball sometimes sails on me, which is why I'm looking at switching).

I loathe stiff frames.

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 12:56 PM
In that case, stick to the Mid. The OS is just alike, but more for the baseliners. And there are quality OS that aren't "unwieldy" and this is one. It actually performs better on serves than the Mid.

sstchur
08-28-2009, 01:00 PM
In that case, stick to the Mid. The OS is just alike, but more for the baseliners. And there are quality OS that aren't "unwieldy" and this is one. It actually performs better on serves than the Mid.

I actually wish I would have demo'd both the mid and OS at the same time :-(

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 01:40 PM
you could pick one up in the classified section for cheap, and you might just like it.