PDA

View Full Version : Blue Gear/Big Ace Hybrid

domhas1
08-28-2009, 02:25 PM
I have a YT Radical Pro and Microgel Prestige Pro and want to try a Blue Gear Main/Big Ace Cross hybrid...I usually string my YT Rad Pro at 59 pounds with sonic pro, so I was wondering if stringing the BG/BA this high would work, I've heard that blue gear needs to be at a lower tension to get the best results...
Has anyone used this combo and has any input about it?

thanks

murrmanfan13
08-28-2009, 02:29 PM
i doubt many or any have tried that combo, if i were you i would cross blue gear with maxim touch instead of big ace

auzzieizm
08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I use Blue Gear with Big Ace crosses now and then. I prefer the BG crossed with SPPP, but that is besides the point. I find that above 66 lbs, Blue Gear becomes too tight to really utilize its spin capabilities. Under that it seems to work really well. I like my strings tight though. So I typically string BG mains at 66 and SPPP/BA/or even more BG in the crosses between 68 and 70.

I would suggest starting at 59 to start and adjusting from there (assuming that a full setup of poly/poly hybrid is what is best for you). It actually took me a while to get used to a poly/poly hybrid when I switched over from poly/syngut or multi hybrids. Poly/poly plays alot differently than poly/syngut hybrids and other combinations.

domhas1
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Those were just two strings I had, I wasn't so sure whether I wanted to do a full bed of blue gear or not...I also have some Kirschbaum Proline 2..

domhas1
08-30-2009, 01:48 PM
I like full poly beds, and when I talked to pro supex about hybriding the Blue Gear and Big Ace, they recommended going a few pounds lower in the crosses to gain more power...something like 59/57 lbs...

08-30-2009, 01:59 PM
I like full poly beds, and when I talked to pro supex about hybriding the Blue Gear and Big Ace, they recommended going a few pounds lower in the crosses to gain more power...something like 59/57 lbs...

good post!
BG and BA go well together.
I think you are on the right track. Let us know what you think when you get it done.

T1000
08-30-2009, 02:24 PM
i did this on a rds 001 mid 2008. i loved it, perfect amount of spin and power without losing control. i have an mg prestige pro right now and im gonna try it later when my strings come in

domhas1
08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
i did this on a rds 001 mid 2008. i loved it, perfect amount of spin and power without losing control. i have an mg prestige pro right now and im gonna try it later when my strings come in

What tension did you string it at?

domhas1
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Just did up my Head YT Rad Pro with BG m/ BA x at 59/57 lbs...Will try and go out later to hit...