PDA

View Full Version : Best Sale Racquet

JongJong
08-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I want this thread to be used for future players searching for a really good, cheap racquet. Vote honestly and provide good reasons. Now, which one of these racquets is the best sale racquet?

JongJong
08-28-2009, 07:54 PM
i also heard that the Dunlop M-Fil 200 16x19 is good. So add that choice also.

shaysrebelII
08-28-2009, 07:55 PM
admittedly I haven't demoed the others, but I own an ag100 and like it a lot.

furyoku_tennis
08-28-2009, 11:07 PM
the donnay pro one OS and MP are a great deal for what you're getting. solid player's frames.

iplaytennislolol
08-29-2009, 07:01 AM
does anyone know how much longer the ntour 2 will be in production?

oldnslo
08-29-2009, 08:00 AM
I have never hit any of the others, but I read all of the reviews and looked at the specs and decided to buy the Fischer M Pro Number 1 98. I love it!

I was looking for a control oriented racket and that is exactly what I got. If you want something that has a lot of power, your choice would be different.

I have a friend that has the racket Roddick uses (Babolat Pure Drive GT I think). I hit with his racket and I wouldn't trade my Fischer for his Babolat. His racket is rated as Low-Medium Power while the Fischer is rated as Low Power. I have difficulty keeping the ball in the court with his racket unless I really gear back my swing. I can swing the way I want to with the Fischer.

[d]ragon
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
LM Radical 98, very versatile. A solid stick all around that does everything pretty well and is light enough to customize

GS
08-29-2009, 11:19 AM
There is no best sale racquet. It's what feels best when you play with it. So, read what specs you might like, then demo 3 or 4 sticks under $100 new. Then, choose one, and find a string and tension you might like. And maybe try some lead tape.... Some people love the Prince Warrior, some people hate it---it goes on and on.
If I liked Head's rectangular grip shape, I'd probably use the LM Radical midplus, but I'm used to a Prince grip, and play with NXGs ($69, now discontinued).

Danstevens
08-29-2009, 12:36 PM
There is no best sale racquet. It's what feels best when you play with it. So, read what specs you might like, then demo 3 or 4 sticks under $100 new. Then, choose one, and find a string and tension you might like. And maybe try some lead tape.... Some people love the Prince Warrior, some people hate it---it goes on and on.
If I liked Head's rectangular grip shape, I'd probably use the LM Radical midplus, but I'm used to a Prince grip, and play with NXGs ($69, now discontinued).

I wholeheartedly agree. There is no "best" racket. There is a "best racket for you at this moment in time" but as for just best racket, there isn't one.

There are a lot of great frames on that list but for anyone remotely serious about their tennis, demoing is worth it. If I had to choose a racket for a beginner, I would go for the LM Radical MP because it's such a versatile frame. Whatever playing style they move to once their game develops, the LM Rad will be able to help them develop more. I would say it's one of the great all-round rackets for beginner/intermediate players and a fantastic choice. Although, the AG100 is also excellent, as is the Speedport Black Longbody. The Donnay Pro one is a legendary racket - there's just so many great rackets in the TW sale right now.

diehard6.0
08-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Do not forget Boris Becker 11 Light.

tenniscool
08-29-2009, 10:00 PM
does anyone have experience with the dnx 10? It's on sale toooo

hoodjem
08-30-2009, 06:14 AM
I would not call the AG100 a "Mid+". At 90 sq. in it seems to be a mid, and nothing more.

PBODY99
08-30-2009, 11:10 AM
The Prince is my choice for the extra length it gives me for my high mishits.

JongJong
09-02-2009, 04:17 AM
i know 10 char

furyoku_tennis
09-02-2009, 12:01 PM
does anyone have experience with the dnx 10? It's on sale toooo

the dnx10 mid is one sweet racquet. great plowthrough, control, and power. its got the volkl touch and feel. if you can handle the swingweight, you'll find it to be great all around. rock solid groundstrokes. great directional control for volleys. you can really turn up the serves with it too.