PDA

View Full Version : redondo / prostaff 7.5 / stringing?

PJN
08-28-2009, 09:01 PM
In the old days I used a prostaff 7.5 (55 RA, very nice frame, with nice graphite feeling and tons of control, why better than the PSC 6.1 becose of lower power and more control, imo). That is why I now want to try a redond 93; having read the commenst on it. But I need advice on the string job. I have the cheapets wilson synthetic gut in my PS 7.5 which is not sold on TW, 16 gauche, and it is not too soft. In another racket from TW, (BB 11 mid) I tried wilson endure pro 16. I liked it, but it was a bit dead. Which other Wilson string, 16 g, would you advice for the redondo, to have it a little less dead than th e enduro, but not too soft all of a sudden? NXT sensation? Is it still somewhat crisp an not too soft? Thanks!
(looking much forward trying the rdeondo by the way)

rasajadad
08-29-2009, 10:39 AM
If you go into the racquets section, there is a huge thread about the Redondos along with many different string setups. For me I like natural gut in the mains and synthetic gut in the crosses. I've also had multis in the crosses as well.

I'm not too familiar with Wilson's strings but give a full multi job a try. Probably at a lower than midpoint tension.