PDA

View Full Version : Left racket with stringer...

Gugafan
08-28-2009, 10:59 PM
I recently went to pickup a racket, that had been left with a stringer for 3 weeks. It had already been strung, and was lying around in the workshop. What kind of effect, do you think this may have on the tension of the racket??..

Thanks

Cup8489
08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
I recently went to pickup a racket, that had been left with a stringer for 3 weeks. It had already been strung, and was lying around in the workshop. What kind of effect, do you think this may have on the tension of the racket??..

Thanks

as long as the atmosphere, especially temperature, doesn't change you should be good.

did you get a call when the frame was done, and just took that long to get it, or did they take three weeks to string it. maybe even forgot to call you? 3 weeks is a really long turnaround time..

masterxfob
08-28-2009, 11:48 PM
if it was strung with a poly, i'd restring it.

Gugafan
08-29-2009, 06:20 AM
as long as the atmosphere, especially temperature, doesn't change you should be good.

did you get a call when the frame was done, and just took that long to get it, or did they take three weeks to string it. maybe even forgot to call you? 3 weeks is a really long turnaround time..

It was my own fault. I just didnt bother going into the shop, as I was playing with my spare...Hopefully there wont be too much tension loss, that I have to cut out the strings (BBO).

Irvin
08-29-2009, 07:44 AM
It was my own fault. I just didnt bother going into the shop

If you don't care any more about your racket than that, what difference does it make? It was probably in a better place than the trunk of your car, on a court in the hot sun and humidity, in a bag in your air conditioned bedroom, or wherever else you may have placed it. You are lucky they did not charge you late fees or donate it to charity.

Hopefully you would not have used it like Jack Lemon used his in 'The Apartment.' Just in case that movie is too old for you, he used his racket to drain boiling water from spaghetti then he rinsed if off with cold tap water.

Irvin

Irvin
08-29-2009, 07:49 AM
It was my own fault. I just didnt bother going into the shop, as I was playing with my spare...Hopefully there wont be too much tension loss, that I have to cut out the strings (BBO).

Tension loss? I have one player that plays with a Poly/SG Hybrid. He has three rackets and breaks his string about every two week or so but only plays with one at a time. He then plays with the one strung the longest time so every racket he plays with has been strung for about a month before he hits with it.

He said he does that because when he would alternate rackets he broke all three in one tournament match and he never wanted to do that again. He never thought of cutting the string out before they broke.

Irvin

oldnslo
08-29-2009, 08:10 AM
I strung my own rackets before taking a 15 year hiatus from tennis. When I started playing again last month, I found my old ProKennex Power Ace 93 in the garage, and the string tension felt fine. It was also fine when I played with it.

I don't think a string loses much, if any, tension sitting around. If so, mine would have been noticeably different.