PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day Cancelled

BeachTennis
08-29-2009, 06:14 AM
"Free interactive grounds activities for Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day have been cancelled and will not be re-scheduled"

This oh so very sad for all the kids of the world and Five Boroughs of NYC!!! They will have to wait 365 days for a chance to try the game of a lifetime!

I know! I know! Danny is the problem! Danny is a slight rain and wind day! Sure, but there is still Sunday! Yes Sunday! This has been done before is a make up day! I the great nation of the USA realy wants to grow the game and put the sport in the spot light then this event should not be cancelled!!! That is not "The Right Stuff"... Read More

What ever happen to the old saying "the show must go on!"

"The show must go on" is a well-known phrase in show business, meaning that regardless of what happens (such as the lead performer breaking a leg), the show must still be put on for the waiting (Future Champions) patrons.

Please let Mrs. Garvin know that this is not acceptable!

Sincerely,
Erik C. Oberhammer
Tennis Advocate

Mr.Brightside
08-29-2009, 07:17 AM
I was gonna go to Arthur Ashe Kids Day.

I was really bummed when it got cancelled.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Noooo! I wanted to watch it on TV! It's always so fun to watch.

CanadianChic
08-29-2009, 03:06 PM
That's too bad. There will be a lot of very disappointed kids.

PROTENNIS63
08-29-2009, 04:27 PM
That is too bad. USTA once again screwing up.

BreakPoint
08-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Huh? Are you sure it was canceled? Because someone was there and took pics of it happening.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=284341

Feña14
08-29-2009, 06:19 PM
We don't ever see it over here in England, but from reading this forum in the past it seems like a great event.

The thread BreakPoint posted seems to suggest it went ahead though?