PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Nike Shoe Experts

wally
08-29-2009, 06:41 AM
I have always loved the Nike cushioning but in the past thier shoes have had too high an arch and too narrow a fit.

I have a medium-wide (2E) foot with a low arch

I've read the reviews & feedback on the new ballistec 1.3 and the breath cage 2's and they seem to have a bit of a wider fit and lower arch.

What are your opinions especiallly those with a bit of a wider foot?

Thanks

reesespiecestennis
08-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Breathe cages 2's a a little less narrow, I have a narrow foot and some nikes are still too tight but these are good.

I'm thinking of switching because they sit to high with orthotics.

1st Seed
08-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Just grabbed my cage 2 a few weeks ago.I also have very wide feet.These cages gave me blisters the size of quarters for the first two weeks of the break in period.Finally my wide feet have stretched them out.Try them on at a local store before you order them,they didn't run true to size for me.Very nice shoes.Quite comfy as well.
A few of my hitting partners have had nothing but good things to say about there ballistics.Comfortable,durable and the traction is supurb.From what I'm told and hear the ventilation is horrible.The Ballistics seem to have a wider toe box then the cages do IMO.
If I were you I would look into a RBK KFS pump or a NB 1004.Both of these suggestions are more suitted to you're needs.Low arch,wide toe box and as far as the 1004's go amazing cushioning.Both come with warranties,witch I have taken full advantage of.

I'm no Nike expert but I have played or owned every reputable tennis shoe out there.I'll say go down the Ballistic route,nothing but praises I hear.Only problem being dimples falling of periodically.Hope this helped take Care.