PDA

View Full Version : Shoes lower for orthotic...

reesespiecestennis
08-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Hey guys I'm currently wearing breathe cage 2's which sit a little high because I wear a thick custom orthotic and need a shoe that feels lower so my foot doesn't sit three inches high.

I have a narrow heel, narrow midfoot, and my toes are poking my cage 2's because of the inserts.

I don't mind cushioning in the shoe since I have an orthotic, but I want a good practice shoe, that fits good, and my insert.

Also, My insert is for a 9.5, since it fit my arch and I usually wear 10.5 in nikes. And I don't want my insert slipping around.

Advise? Thinking of either barricades or oscillates.

mcutilize
08-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Hey guys I'm currently wearing breathe cage 2's which sit a little high because I wear a thick custom orthotic and need a shoe that feels lower so my foot doesn't sit three inches high.

I have a narrow heel, narrow midfoot, and my toes are poking my cage 2's because of the inserts.

I don't mind cushioning in the shoe since I have an orthotic, but I want a good practice shoe, that fits good, and my insert.

Also, My insert is for a 9.5, since it fit my arch and I usually wear 10.5 in nikes. And I don't want my insert slipping around.

Advise? Thinking of either barricades or oscillates.

funny i have a medium foot and i have really bad flat feet. and i wear the breathe cage 2s with some cushion inserts and they feel great.

i would recommend the air courtballistec 1.3, or barricade 5 are great choices

reesespiecestennis
08-29-2009, 07:22 AM
They feel fine, but I'm already 6,2 and these shoes make me too tall off the court.

Toad
08-29-2009, 09:14 AM
i would recommend the air courtballistec 1.3

The courtballistec 1.3s are a pretty tight fit with a custom orthotic...that is my current set up. My orthotics (or more technically correct, foot leveler) are 1/2" in some of the thickest places.

jimwh
08-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I wear custom orthotoics due to plantar fasciitis. I use cb 1.3, barricades, and gel reolution's. They all work for me.