PDA

View Full Version : Which Babolat VS string package is newer?

ratm355
08-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I've bought several sets of VS over the years. I have several where the package is blue with Roddick and Clisters on it and then I have some that are green/gray that just says VS Touch. These are both 16 gauge. I'm wanting to use up the older strings first, but I'm not sure which one is newer.

This is what one looks like:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-BNG15L.html

and this is the other:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-BNG16.html

and like I said, these are all 16 gauge.

jim e
08-29-2009, 01:00 PM
The 1st one is a 15g. The second one is 16g. and has been sold as the most current version up until just recently. The latest supply I just received a couple days ago from TW has Nadals picture on it, I don't know why, as he does not hit with the string, but none the less its his picture on the newest packs that must have just come out..

star 5 15
08-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Nadal has been on the packs all this year. I've gone through probably 40-50 sets. The one on top is a 15L gut and that packing is from about 4 years ago. I guess they just never changed it

jim e
08-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Nadal has been on the packs all this year. I've gone through probably 40-50 sets. The one on top is a 15L gut and that packing is from about 4 years ago. I guess they just never changed it

This was the 1st time I received some with Nadals picture on them. It is the 1st time I purchased them from TW, as I purchased from a different supplier before that gave me a 10% discount, seems then that the other place was giving me their older inventory. Seems moot now that they are just about all gone fromm my inventory now.I've strung at least 30-40 sets of VS this year, and they were the packs before Nadals picture, good thing the packs are sealed nicely, as they all strung up well. I'm sure that they have a decent shelf life irregardless.

stanfordtennis alum
08-29-2009, 01:33 PM
i believe the bottom one is the newer package for the VS

star 5 15
08-29-2009, 02:08 PM
This was the 1st time I received some with Nadals picture on them. It is the 1st time I purchased them from TW, as I purchased from a different supplier before that gave me a 10% discount, seems then that the other place was giving me their older inventory. Seems moot now that they are just about all gone fromm my inventory now.I've strung at least 30-40 sets of VS this year, and they were the packs before Nadals picture, good thing the packs are sealed nicely, as they all strung up well. I'm sure that they have a decent shelf life irregardless.

I'm sponsored by Babolat and get it directly from Babolat USA for $25 so I don't get old batches.

jim e
08-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm sponsored by Babolat and get it directly from Babolat USA for $25 so I don't get old batches.

Years ago I had a dealership with a sporting goods company when I started to string back in the 60's. The dealer prices were 1/2 of the retail price for strings typically. Racquets and footware was even a greater % off retail.One racquet that came to mind, a bancroft dealer price $22, and retail was $100, as it was one of the 1st racquets to hit the $100 mark.That was a good % mark up.
$25 for VS is great.Good for you!

ratm355
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
OK. Thanks for the help! I'll use up the ones in the gray packaging first.