PDA

View Full Version : Pony tails on men...

wyutani
08-29-2009, 09:02 AM
My mission from the begining of hair growth was to grow long enough for a pony tail... I dont know why, i just think it looks very good on guys (very proffesional and well kept) .....

Will i be insulted badly becouse my hair is in a pony tail...... I mean i can defintly take my fair share of insults (through the year of growth, i towel dried my hair daily and it became very curly almsot afro-like...... as long as i dont towel dry/rub it... it falls into place, very nice wavy/curly hair) But i just really dont feel like geting mocked 24/7 for something i thought looked really cool.

anyway, how long does it take to grow a pony tail like say....from a bald head. 2 years or 3? thanks. :shock:

SempreSami
08-29-2009, 09:11 AM
If you're a badass you can get away with it.

David_Is_Right
08-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Hair, on average, grows about 1/2" a month. So in 2 years it's going to be about a foot long...

max
08-29-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm going bald, so of course I find ponytails on men very sexy. I'm admiring just about anybody's good hair these days! Pity Max.

Underhand
08-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Why don't you just buy a 'Billy Ray Bob Redneck Hat With Hair Ponytail Mullet Wig' from amazon.com? You wouldn't have to wait years.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415WqlMu71L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

35ft6
08-29-2009, 01:05 PM
I think pony tails look goofy on most men, and most women are way more anti-pony tail than guys are.

ubermeyer
08-29-2009, 01:30 PM
My mission from the begining of hair growth was to grow long enough for a pony tail... I dont know why, i just think it looks very good on guys (very proffesional and well kept) .....

Will i be insulted badly becouse my hair is in a pony tail...... I mean i can defintly take my fair share of insults (through the year of growth, i towel dried my hair daily and it became very curly almsot afro-like...... as long as i dont towel dry/rub it... it falls into place, very nice wavy/curly hair) But i just really dont feel like geting mocked 24/7 for something i thought looked really cool.

anyway, how long does it take to grow a pony tail like say....from a bald head. 2 years or 3? thanks. :shock:

looks pretty dumb and unprofessional to me... but i don't think anyone wlil say that to your face.

CanadianChic
08-29-2009, 01:49 PM
It reminds me of a man I used to work with. He was receding and used to slick his hair back into a ponytail. It really repulsed me. Anyway, to each his own and if you want it, do it. My opinion is that the only times long hair is acceptable on a man is if he is a) a musician, b) a hippy or c) an athlete.

super_forehand
08-29-2009, 01:55 PM
It reminds me of a man I used to work with. He was receding and used to slick his hair back into a ponytail. It really repulsed me. Anyway, to each his own and if you want it, do it. My opinion is that the only times long hair is acceptable on a man is if he is a) a musician, b) a hippy or c) an athlete.

Athlete? Its like completely the opposite of the "athletic" image. Cant imagine Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps with hair on their shoulders (bolt with a fro lololol)

CanadianChic
08-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Athlete? Its like completely the opposite of the "athletic" image. Cant imagine Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps with hair on their shoulders (bolt with a fro lololol)

There are many athletes who tie their hair back in various sports. Now, I never said waist-length dreds on a golfer is the norm, but for some reason some athletes with hair to their shoulders seems respectable enough for me. It depends on the sport and the person as to whether or not it will fly. I can't picture Tiger Woods with a braid but any hockey player can pull off shoulder length hair.

super_forehand
08-29-2009, 03:30 PM
There are many athletes who tie their hair back in various sports. Now, I never said waist-length dreds on a golfer is the norm, but for some reason some athletes with hair to their shoulders seems respectable enough for me. It depends on the sport and the person as to whether or not it will fly. I can't picture Tiger Woods with a braid but any hockey player can pull off shoulder length hair.

I guess in helmeted sports its not as bad, because the hair is not in the way. For me athletics is kind of like in the military, form = function, thats why everyone must have short groomed hair, imagine your sniping a target and your locks get in the way during the shot lol, same for no helmeted sports I guess. But you hit the key point on the bolded part there.