PDA

View Full Version : Is Luxilon updating ALU?

Casco
08-29-2009, 09:45 AM
With ALU going onsale could it mean an update is on the way?

dantesinferno18
08-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Thats kinda what i am wondering

stanfordtennis alum
08-29-2009, 05:06 PM
wondering the same thing..

The_Punisher
08-29-2009, 05:34 PM
if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

tigerstring
08-29-2009, 05:40 PM
No way would they discontinue Alu, They still make original, even though it's been updated. It would make no sense for them to discontinue consistent such a cash cow.

フェデラー
08-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Federer is not pleased by this news.

2ndserveace
08-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't think they are getting rid of Alu just maybe getting a new string. I remember somebody saying on here a couple months ago that they thought that Luxilon was coming out with a new string and it wasn't M2.

tigerstring
08-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Does anyone know if all Wilson reps are cutting price, or just a sale through tennis warehouse? TW or Wilson could be trying to drop excess inventory built up during the recession.

stormholloway
08-31-2009, 03:41 PM
They're obviously coming out with something new. TW isn't the only site with this sale. I got an email from another one for 30%. Unless they make the strings dead-proof I don't know how they could improve the ALU line.

tigerstring
08-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Then my best guess is that they are just trying to deal with the recession. They may be coming out with an improvement, but there's no way they are discontinuing it. I'm sure people were having this talk about Original when Alu came out.

ClubHoUno
09-01-2009, 12:18 AM
They're obviously coming out with something new. TW isn't the only site with this sale. I got an email from another one for 30%. Unless they make the strings dead-proof I don't know how they could improve the ALU line.

They could start the improvement by adding just a tiny bit more tension maintenance to the Luxilon Alu BB STRINGS throughout the entire line up.

stormholloway
09-01-2009, 01:45 AM
They could start the improvement by adding just a tiny bit more tension maintenance to the Luxilon Alu BB STRINGS throughout the entire line up.

That'd be nice. I just saw on the homepage that the sale is now up to 31%. That means I missed 1% savings.

Nanshiki
09-01-2009, 08:49 AM
ALU getting it's price cut probably just means they decided to charge a more reasonable amount for it during the worst economic downturn in 80 years.

ryushen21
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
If they make a cheaper more durable, undying ALU Rough, I'm all for that.

SystemeD
09-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Are the hybrid sets from Luxilon discontinued or being updated as well?
I am quite concerned, I have 4 sets lof AceTouch left....

Casco
09-01-2009, 07:50 PM
It's on sale at some more places now. Let's see, as much as we all love ALU, it is a second generation co-poly. We're now going on fourth generation polys like WeissCannon Turbo Twist and Signum Tornado, both of which have excellent tension maintenance, power, control, spin, and comfort (and Turbo twist even has excellent touch). If you haven't tried WeissCANNON Turbo Twist, you should, and it will coming out in a higher guage soon. ALU dates back pretty far, so even if these sales don't mean an update, I think an update is due. And if Luxilon comes up with a new generation of stings, I can't imagine anything but a terrific string, and I look forward to it.

ClubHoUno
09-02-2009, 03:05 AM
It's on sale at some more places now. Let's see, as much as we all love ALU, it is a second generation co-poly. We're now going on fourth generation polys like WeissCannon Turbo Twist and Signum Tornado, both of which have excellent tension maintenance, power, control, spin, and comfort (and Turbo twist even has excellent touch). If you haven't tried WeissCANNON Turbo Twist, you should, and it will coming out in a higher guage soon. ALU dates back pretty far, so even if these sales don't mean an update, I think an update is due. And if Luxilon comes up with a new generation of stings, I can't imagine anything but a terrific string, and I look forward to it.

You nailed it :D

Why are people afraid that Luxilon will release a new Lux string ?

I look forward to a BB ALU POWER AND ROUGH AND FLUORO with better tension maintenance and maybe with added features to it.

I still like Lux Alu BB POWER in my hybrid with Bab VS GUT, but frankly the new Signum Hyperion for me works just as good as a hybrid poly cross string and has better tension maintenance and cost half the price.
But if and when Luxilon releasesa new string I'll be all over for testing.

Nanshiki
09-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I personally think 18 gauge PS Premier Ace is the best poly I've used, except it has some serious durability issues, mainly involving premature breakage from mishits... and it lacks pop on flat serves.

But it's 1/5th the price of ALU and works better for me...

Casco
09-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I personally think 18 gauge PS Premier Ace is the best poly I've used, except it has some serious durability issues, mainly involving premature breakage from mishits... and it lacks pop on flat serves.

But it's 1/5th the price of ALU and works better for me...

You might want to try a the new WeissCANON TurboTwist. Great string. Has some of the properties of ALU Rough that I like - firm/contolled feel, but not the stiffest string out there, and tremdous bite. I'm looking forward, however, to trying the new ALU!