PDA

View Full Version : anybody put leather on becker mid

markwillplay
08-29-2009, 12:44 PM
did you notice a difference in sw? Did you notice a difference in comfort. I am debating it but this stick has been soooo comfy. My arm is loving me.

TheShaun
08-29-2009, 06:24 PM
I prefer leather grips, so I put them on as soon I get the racquet. I've been playing the BB11 Mid for over one year with TW leather grip. Don't recall noticing very much difference in swing weight. Comfort is great. I think leather grips are a preference choice. If you don't like leather on one racquet, you probably won't like it on others. BTW, I use an overgrip on top of the leather.

markwillplay
08-30-2009, 07:59 AM
i like leather as well. Usually use it. However, I like the comfort of the becker for sure and did not want to make the stick any more harsh. I am not really familiar with the handle system that is supposed to be shock absorbing. Did not want to mess that up in any way.

I am like you in that I usually put leather on my sticks.

neverstopplaying
08-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I've got several 11mids set up with leather grips. I generally put leather on all my racquets especially appreciate it on softer racquets, such as this one. Only adds to the already great feel and IMO just as comfy.

jrod
08-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I put leather on my BB11mids. Essentially no difference in SW even though the static weight went up a bit...

markwillplay
09-18-2009, 04:49 AM
but the comfort for arm was still there? I have four of these and one is out of spec so I decided to put leather on that one. Feels "great". I have to say that this racquet is the best I have ever played with as far as elbow comfort....don't know why...maybe it is that handle system or something. I don't want to mess with a good thing but if I knew that leather would not have an effect on my arm, I would change them all. I will hit with the one I put leather on..only thing is that it is a good amount heavier stock than the other three (they are closely matched). I would try it on all of them but damn, I about destroyed the grip when I took it off of this one...really have that thing taped on there good huh.

By the way, I this stick is as close to my grail as I have found. I love it.

jrod
09-18-2009, 04:56 AM
but the comfort for arm was still there? ....

Using a leather grip did not alter the frame's comfort. Note that I also use a Wilson Pro Overgrip so it does add some cushioning. Nevertheless, the softness of the frame and handle dampening "system" remain the same regardless as to what grip you use. Besides, you can always revert to whatever you are using now if you don't like the leather.

markwillplay
09-18-2009, 05:25 AM
True, I just had such a hard time removing the existing grip that I did not want to mess with it....Thanks...I think I will put leather on one of the ones that I hit with most and see how I like it. I always use overgrip as well.