PDA

View Full Version : how does genesis compare to luxilon alu power/rough

zerox277
08-29-2009, 02:49 PM
How does genesis spin x and black magic compare to luxilon alu power and alu power rough. Does it die really fast like luxilon? and how is the tension maintenance and power level. Im thinking of getting these strings based on reviews and it is so much cheaper.

Casco
08-29-2009, 02:57 PM
If you go to their website you'll see how to get a free pack to try. I thought it played like Gamma Twist. Softer than Signum Tornado, which I was able to try in 1.29, too, but not quite the same bit or tension maintenence, however, still OK. And to answer the question re Luxilon, softer, good bite but not quite as much as ALU Rough, maybe a little more bite than regular ALU, however.

zerox277
08-29-2009, 03:10 PM
whats the link to their website ? are the samples still going on.

PROTENNIS63
08-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Both Spin X and Black Magic last much longer than ALU. I found the tension maintenance of the genesis strings to be on par with all of the latest co-polys from the major brands. I personally prefer Spin X (using it now) but if you want a softer feel with some more power than go with Black Magic.

zerox277
08-29-2009, 05:47 PM
does it die fast? and is black magic more powerful than alu.

stanfordtennis alum
08-29-2009, 06:07 PM
they are pretty different IMO... in my experience, spin x is more durable and holds tension better than ALU but i would try both of them out and make the decision urself

trachsel
09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
whats the link to their website ? are the samples still going on. Id also like to know this. I looked on Genesis's website but didnt find anything that said i could receive a free set..