PDA

View Full Version : Prince graphite/diablo modifications for extending the grip?

teachingprotx
08-29-2009, 02:10 PM
I have looked feverishly in the TW archives too find any info on the gentleman who posted wooden plugs to elongate his grip/handle...PLEASE ANYONE REMEMBER or know how i can contact him..
or if anyone else has any other ideas i want to add an inch to my current prince diablo and prince graphite..thank you so much

2handsbothsides
08-29-2009, 03:10 PM
You can easily and professionally add up to inch to any racquet with a removable butt cap. Take off the butt cap. Outline the 8 sided grip pallet on some balsa wood and cut to match. Balsa wood is readily available from any good hobby shop. You can use one solid piece or use 1/8th inch thick balsa and layer as needed. Use 2 part, 5 minute set epoxy to lightly coat the grip pallet end, each layer of balsa and the inside surface of the butt cap. Press all back onto the end of the racquet and wait 24 hours. Regrip and rebalance the racquet as needed.

To extend a racquet over inch is much more complicated to do a professional job as this requires cutting back the existing pallet, laying up a graphite shaft extension and repouring the polyurethane pallet. Better to just contract for this service with a pro shop set up to do this procedure.