PDA

View Full Version : Post your big plans

super_forehand
08-29-2009, 05:19 PM
So from now until the end of the year, at which point Ill be in the Air Force I plan on doing many things Ive always wanted but never did. Heres what I got lined up till the end of the year:

1. Started learning to ride superbikes. Getting my license, a 600cc ninja or cbr, and going to get instruction on the tarck with a local pro

2. Booked tickets with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra to watch Rachmaninoffs 3rd concerto live (one of the toughest pieces to play, and most beautiful)

3. Going to get my instrument license for flying in bad weather

4. Going to the US Open with Arthur Ashe tickets for 4 days!

What are your big plans till the end of the year? New house? New car? Getting married? Seeing something great? Advancing career etc?

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, I plan to develop a zombie laserr that I use to enslave the world's population. I happen to be an evil genius.

dave333
08-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Get into college.

super_forehand
08-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Get into college.

Ouch, its not fun but it pays off in the end. I made the mistake of going through medical school too, even though I dont want to be a doctor, thats why I'm going to the AF. Choose wisely, have fun, and I'm sure youll end up doing what you were intended to! If I may ask, what colleges do you ahve in mind?

flyinghippos101
08-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Study extra hard this year, calculus won't be easy

dave333
08-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Ouch, its not fun but it pays off in the end. I made the mistake of going through medical school too, even though I dont want to be a doctor, thats why I'm going to the AF. Choose wisely, have fun, and I'm sure youll end up doing what you were intended to! If I may ask, what colleges do you ahve in mind?

Haha I used to be thinking of med school too...idk anymore either.

Yale is my top pick, then Brown. Applying to the rest of the Ivies except Cornell since I'm hedging my bets, Stanford, Duke, Boston College, Tufts, Middlebury because I like them and are still part of the bet hedging, and UConn for safety.

Study extra hard this year, calculus won't be easy

Took intro calc a few years ago, I'm doing intro to multivariable right now. Luckily it is an online course so its my own pace and I can take my time. Overall my senior year is going to be fairly laid back since I finished some of my courses over the summer. My classes are full of friends and other intellectually strong kids, so I am expecting a pretty good year.