PDA

View Full Version : Prince Recoil - how comfy is it? Does it work in a hybrid setup?

goldenyama
08-30-2009, 05:23 AM
I am very interested in Prince Recoil as I love the control and resistance to movement of poly but my arm can't handle even the softer ones.

For those that have used Recoil, how would you rank it's comfort? Is it as comfortable as a good syn gut like OG Micro? Is it similar to a stiff syn gut like PSGD? Is it definately more comfy than a co-poly like Cyberblue, Big Ace or SPPP?

Does anyody know if Recoil's 'snap back' technology works in a hybrid? I am thinking of having it in the mains of a POG OS with K-gut in the crosses for comfort (yes I'm a p*ssy:oops:). Will the Recoil still work in this setup and prevent the strings from moving? I also want to try it in the crosses of my Satellite Tours with nat gut in the mains.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JediMindTrick
08-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Prince Recoil is A LOT more comfortable than Cyberblue, and it's about as comfy as OG Sheep Micro 16.

ClubHoUno
08-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I am very interested in Prince Recoil as I love the control and resistance to movement of poly but my arm can't handle even the softer ones.

For those that have used Recoil, how would you rank it's comfort? Is it as comfortable as a good syn gut like OG Micro? Is it similar to a stiff syn gut like PSGD? Is it definately more comfy than a co-poly like Cyberblue, Big Ace or SPPP?

Does anyody know if Recoil's 'snap back' technology works in a hybrid? I am thinking of having it in the mains of a POG OS with K-gut in the crosses for comfort (yes I'm a p*ssy:oops:). Will the Recoil still work in this setup and prevent the strings from moving? I also want to try it in the crosses of my Satellite Tours with nat gut in the mains.

I used to use RECOIL in the crosses in a hybrid with Babolat Nat gut VS 16 in the mains, and RECOIL still works well in a hybrid to prevent excessive string movement.

Now I use RECOIL in a hybrid in the crosses with my favorite Multi in the mains (Laserfibre Supernatural Gut Prostock) - in my 2 wet weather racquets, and it still works pretty good to prevent the strings from moving, but my stringsavers also kemp my strings from moving, so hard to tell if it's the RECOIL strings alone that does it.

I like the RECOIL string as a softer teflon coated copolymer alternative to Luxilon Alu BB ROUGH as a hybrid cross string.

corners
08-31-2009, 06:06 AM

Like ClubHoUno I've used Recoil as a cross with gut. Very similiar to a poly in terms of resistance to movement in a hybrid, but the gut does start to move (and stay moved) when tension (in the gut) drops. But I string quite low (50), so that may not be a problem for you. This setup is definitely softer at the same tension than a gut/poly setup (I've got gut/PL2 right now).

I've only used Recoil as a cross with gut mains so I can't comment on how soft it is all by itself. But, as you may have seen in the other thread on Recoil live at the moment, USRSA lists it as having 195 stiffness, which puts it in the same territory as Gosen Micro.