PDA

View Full Version : i need help with a problem i am having with my racket...

jdk15balla
04-09-2004, 06:11 PM
I use a babolat pure drive plus, that i ordered from you guys, and the varsity tennis season is almost underway. i have had a grommet chip off and slide down the string twice now. the first time, i ordered a new set of grommets off here, and then drove an hour to the mall to have them replaced and the racket restrung. now it has happened again. is there a quick remedy for this or do i need to replace the whole thing again? and is it necessary for the string to be cut in order to replace the broken grommet? please lend me any assistance, i need it, thanks.

TW Staff
04-12-2004, 11:41 AM
There really is no quick remedy. It's strange that this would happen twice, in what I assume is a relatively short period of time. If the string is not in danger of breaking, due to the broken grommet, you can try clipping the grommet free of the string. You'll have to use extreme caution, to avoid cutting the string. Otherwise, your only solution is to replace the grommet strip again, which requires removing the strings. Don/Tennis Warehouse