PDA

View Full Version : What is better: long strips of lead or shorter ones?

Gee
08-30-2009, 08:22 AM
As I want to increase swingweight and a more solid feel I am intended to add lead at 3 and 9. I am only not sure what is the best way.

So I have the following questions:

Does it affect your strokes when you put lead along 8 centered cross strings in stead of the 10 cross ones?
Can anyone tell what is the best setup: One 5" long strip or 2 layers of 2,5" strips at 3 and 9 o'clock position centered?Any help would be appreciated.

autumn_leaf
08-30-2009, 08:28 AM
well this is a really subjective question as the best setup is personal preference.

with regards to the positioning/layering/length of tape:

with longer tape the weight is more distributed on the frame

if you add layers to the frame you're adding a lot of mass to certain points on the frame

depending on where you layer the tape you are affecting the swingweight much more. i.e. tape at 2 and 10 will add more swingweight than tape at 3 and 9.

Gee
08-30-2009, 08:47 AM
well this is a really subjective question as the best setup is personal preference.

with regards to the positioning/layering/length of tape:

with longer tape the weight is more distributed on the frame

if you add layers to the frame you're adding a lot of mass to certain points on the frame

depending on where you layer the tape you are affecting the swingweight much more. i.e. tape at 2 and 10 will add more swingweight than tape at 3 and 9.
So will I get more difference in power when I hit at the tip or the bottom of the frame if I put 2 layers 4" long strips of lead (8 grams in total) at 3 and 9 centered? If that is true would one longer strip of the same amount of weight give you better distributed power?

mary fierce
08-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Medium strips.