PDA

View Full Version : Babolat rackets

Yoh
08-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Im looking to demo a few rackets but theres a lot more than 4 so i gotta filter some out... need some help

So for babolats, ive tried the APDC and there wasnt much love... not enough control, too mushy and muted feel... you know the babolat feel...

So i was wondering if the Aero Storms are like that too? what about the Pure Storms; i heard this one is different and i should give it a try... and appaerently i there are the GT Pure Storms too =\...

P.S. when i click demo a racket and it says stock comes in 8/24... but today is 8/30... what does that mean? is it in yet? or delayed... and still no stock

Mdubb23
08-30-2009, 07:53 AM
So for babolats, ive tried the APDC and there wasnt much love... not enough control, too mushy and muted feel... you know the babolat feel...

Many Babolats have that "mushy" feel, which some prefer and others don't. The problem with demoing is that crappy strings also cause that feel, and that might also be the cause behind it.

So i was wondering if the Aero Storms are like that too? what about the Pure Storms; i heard this one is different and i should give it a try... and appaerently i there are the GT Pure Storms too =\...

In my opinion, the Aero Storms have an even more muted feel than the APDCs. And, while the Pure Storms are different than other Babolat sticks in many ways, they also feel very mushy. In my opinion, the "crispiest" and least-mushy Babolat stick is actually the Pure Drive. I have many reasons why this is true, but I won't bore you with them.

P.S. when i click demo a racket and it says stock comes in 8/24... but today is 8/30... what does that mean? is it in yet? or delayed... and still no stock

That happens all the time with TW, and all you can conclude from that is the racquets did not arrive when expected, and they should be in soon.

Im looking to demo a few rackets but theres a lot more than 4 babolats so i gotta filter some out... need some help

I'll leave you with one last thought: why must you only demo Babolats? There are many, many other options which fit your needs, and to mentally restrict yourself to one brand does not make much sense to me. Again, if you were to demo a Babolat, it should be the Pure Drive GT, although there are many other great options out there for you.

dincuss
08-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Try PS Ltd if your looking for a lot of control

Yoh
08-30-2009, 08:09 AM
The "4 Babolats" were a typo... im going with head and babolat but there are still way more than 4 that i want to...

and last time i tried the pure drive.. it was horrible; too trampoline like and no control... but that was like the version 3 years ago or something...

the list right now is:
MG Prestige (1 of the 3 versions)
Speed Pro or the 18x20
Youtek Radical ... MP or Pro

Pure Storm Ltd... or new GT verison
Pure Storm Tour
Pure Storm GT Tour or non tour...

and as you can see... for example the prestige... theres 3 verisons and i dont know which to go for...

Im coming from the head radical line... used to use the intellegence... switched to flexpoint... and now thinks its quite bad and actually like the old intellegence more... recently tried the k95 but that was too hard to maneuver...

suggestions are highly appreciated ><

Fedace
08-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Why do they keep making these New models with such High swing weights???// there is no room for customization....

T1000
08-30-2009, 02:30 PM
MG Prestige Pro
Pure Storm Tour GT or Regular
PDR Roddick
Youtek Radical

Try those first

Yoh
08-30-2009, 02:34 PM
is the PST GT worth trying more than the PST?

puck1230
09-01-2009, 06:38 AM
@FedAce - The tennis equipment market is much larger than the people on this forum. MOST people who purchase these racquets do so without intent to customize. IF they're serious enough to demo at all they're going to pick the one that feels the best out of the box, regardless of the string, tension, grip shape, quality control differences that may affect their final purchased stick. I've read a number of your posts questioning the motivations of manufacturers and I just wanted to bring this to your attention. Maybe it would help satiate some of the confusions of why the market does one thing or the other. If you ask any sales person at a brick and mortar retailer, or a large chain that happens to sell tennis racquets, they're going to recite a claim (not unlike the one that TW posts) that Woofer provides comfort, that Cortex provides dampening, that GT provides "solid" feeling, etc etc. AND we lap that **** up as consumers without question. There's no vigorous debate as to whether D30 works like the 18 topics on tt forums. Honestly, I've gotten to the point where I choose my demos on the color and design of a racquet. And if it looks cool, or if my favorite players are using it, I'm probably going to give it a shot. (I really like the blue color of the new PDGT, and I'll probably demo the Youtek Prestige when it comes out because I want to be like Safin). Unless I absolutely CAN'T use it in a match, there's no reason I wouldn't purchase the racquet. It's a reason companies pay for marketing....it works. Fedace, I apologize for singling you out in a forum where there are many like you, and where there are many like me who have posted these frustrations. This is the first and last time I will broach this subject, and hopefully it will provide something constructive to those satumbling across this thread.