PDA

View Full Version : How are the new GTs

Yoh
08-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Namely the Ltd., Pure Storm tour and non tour?

compared to the old version...

chilllaxin006
08-30-2009, 02:05 PM
i got a new PS gt non tour. and i love it, it plays a tad bit stiffer but plays lots more forgiving (imo). slices are wicked maybe its just me. they look cooler. very stable... a tad bit less power on serve. slight improvement, worth it :)

2ndserveace
08-30-2009, 02:11 PM
I hit with the Ltd. GT, but I've never hit with the original, so I can't attest to how it feels compared to the other. I can say that it feels alot more solid than other frames that are around its weight. I hit with the PDR GT as well and it feels much more solid than the last one. The hollow feel the old one had is almost completely gone. I think the GT tech actually works and improves the racquets alot.

Yoh
08-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Anyone whos hit both verisons?

TennisandMusic
08-30-2009, 06:50 PM
I've hit with the pure drive GT, PDR GT, and the PST GT. I would say they are all superior to the last versions. I LOVE the PST GT. It's perfect for me. The perfect combination of feeling solid, yet having enough flex and forgiveness to give great comfort. Really really dig that racquet.

Yoh
08-30-2009, 07:20 PM
i wanted to demo the pst... but then i saw the GT version and the weight kinda scared me a little...

robby c
08-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I hit the PST and the LTD today. This GT version of Ltd is a touch more forgiving than last year's model, but make no mistake: it's a control racquet. You have to supply all the power. If you are a big hitter with ball machine like consistency you'll love the dead on targeting. The ball goes exactly where you aim it. Just don't miss the sweetspot.
The Pure Storm Tour GT fit my 3.5-4.0 level to a T.
I currently play with a 11.8 oz racquet with 31cm Balance. It's moderate stiff, but the 16x20 string pattern fits this frame just right. It's a good all-round performer. Groundies, net play, and serves were easy to hit. Zero adjustment period.
It's hands down the best Babolat I've hit with.
Robby C

psp2
08-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Got 2 PStorm Tour + GT frames on order. I used to play with the old PC (Team MP version) many years ago and looking to see how the new PST GTs do for me now.

I did find that the PD GT felt more solid than the previous 2 versions (Cortex/Team).

Hankenstein
08-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Anyone whos hit both verisons?

I used to play with the old PST (got 5 of them,, play on pretty high national level in sweden) and i have now tried the new PST GTīs for a while,

The old version is much more to my liking. I feel the new GT is more stiff then the old version. More solid and cushioned.

Despite those improvements (for some) i like the old version better. The old PST is IMO more sensitive,, more feeling. I feel the GT has made the frame more forgiving and lacks a little bit of that sport car feel the old frame had.

that said,, from all the guys who have tested my GTīs , it only me that feels the old frame is better. Everyone praise the new GT and love the solid feel in it.

One of my friends (former top 1000 ATP player) instantly said "this is a frame i could REALLY consider!!" He used to play some yellow Hewitt yonex rackets in the past and now use some Tecnifibre Vo2Max frames.