PDA

View Full Version : Misweave

dhahntennis
08-30-2009, 02:07 PM
my friend recently strung his racket and has one misweave, he breaks string pretty frequently and wants to know if his racket will be ok or he should restring. the misweave is on the third cross after a skipped main he went under instead of over.

jim e
08-30-2009, 02:53 PM
my friend recently strung his racket and has one misweave, he breaks string pretty frequently and wants to know if his racket will be ok or he should restring. the misweave is on the third cross after a skipped main he went under instead of over.

That would bother me even if it does not effect playability,I would just be thinking about it, and thats enough to mess me up, as I don't need help there! Plus its not legal to use.I would cut them out, but thats me.
It also makes him look bad to other people as well, as if others can see that he screwed up his own, how would that look to others thinking that he would mess up theirs as well? In other words, it's bad for the stringers reputation that he can't even string his own properly.Given all this, its best to re string.

Supracool94
08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
That would bother me even if it does not effect playability,I would just be thinking about it, and thats enough to mess me up, as I don't need help there! Plus its not legal to use.I would cut them out, but thats me.
It also makes him look bad to other people as well, as if others can see that he screwed up his own, how would that look to others thinking that he would mess up theirs as well? In other words, it's bad for the stringers reputation that he can't even string his own properly.Given all this, its best to re string.

I agree, it would just torture me mentally. No matter what, I would be thinking about that mis-weave! If you want to string for others, your racquets should be strung flawlessly!

Irvin
08-31-2009, 09:30 AM
I also agree with 'jim e.' What do you think potential customers think if they see you playing with an illegal improperly strung racket. That is of course excluding those string jobs where you just want to try a spaghetti pattern or something like that.

If I strung one of my rackets incorrectly I would not bring it to anyone's attention. I would put it back in the bag and play with another. I have cut out strings where the strings on the outside of the frame overlapped each other. How your racket is strung tells your customers volumes. Sort of like putting Gosen OG Micro in your racket and trying to sell your customers on VS Gut.

Irvin

goran_ace
08-31-2009, 09:36 AM
If he's only stringing for himself: his racket will be perfectly fine and he won't notice any difference in feel. Just use it in practice until it breaks (or go dead) and just be more careful next time.

If he strings for others: I agree with the others about how it reflects poorly upon your reputation as a stringer.