PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you guys at the US open strining??

onkystomper
08-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Just wondering.....

davidahenry
08-30-2009, 06:45 PM
From what I've observed, most of the folks that string at the Slams hang out over at GSS more often than they do here. www.g-rand-sl-am-strin-gers.com (minus the hyphens).

Check out the following link for some great information about the Wilson Stringing Team at the Open...
http://www.baiardo.info/cms/index.php/eng/Tour/US-Open-2009

I recognize Todd Mobley and husband and wife team of Craig and Lindsay Willeford. And of course, Roman Prokes (RPNY) is there leading the team, and Ron Rocchi (Wilson) is overseeing everything.

Wilson (and RPNY) run the official on-site stringing room. Nate Ferguson, Ron Yu, and Glynn Roberts of Priority One have likely setup operations off-site for servicing their clients like Federer and Murray.

Take care.

DH

GuillermoR
08-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Unsuccessful spammer is unsuccessful. That forum has 50 posts tops

J011yroger
08-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Saw Nate and Ron today.

J

davidahenry
08-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Unsuccessful spammer is unsuccessful.

Huh? What are you trying to say?

That forum has 50 posts tops

Sure - that other forum doesn't have nearly the quantity of posts that Talk Tennis has, but what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for it in quality.

It isn't any better or any worse than here - just a different perspective from many pro tour stringers. I enjoy and learn from both forums.

Take care.

DH

Virtua Tennis
08-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Just wondering.....

No and why would you want to, all you string is luxilon and gut.

Also if it's your first time Roman will stick you with stringing juniors and leave you in the wilson store. Most big pros have their favorite stringer at the major slams anyway.