PDA

View Full Version : Best Game Improvement Racquet?

Barnes68
08-30-2009, 06:09 PM
I've gotten back into tennis about 3 years ago, before that I played high school tennis. The current league I'm in I play at the 3.5 level. I've also played at the 3.0 level recently. I think I need a game improvemnet racquet, to improve my game. I currently play with the LM 4. Any suggestions? Thank You!

Kevo
08-30-2009, 08:57 PM
I think a game improvement racquet would be any frame that is made up of 50% graphite and 50% placebonium. ;-)

Seriously though, you'll play your best with a frame that you like the feel of and are comfortable with. Everyone is a little different, and there is no particular frame that will make you play better.

The LM 4 is a decent frame. I would suggest demoing a few similar frames and a few completely different frames. Then try to figure out what sort of feel you like and narrow it down. Then you can try some frames that seem to match what you like until you find a new frame.

Classic_Obsession
08-30-2009, 09:32 PM
When you said "game improvement" I thought you meant a Tweener :)

In that category, Liquidmetal 8 is deemed pretty high up there.

However, if you're just looking for another racket...there are SO MANY CHOICES!

I'd recommend trying out POG Midplus/OS (I like 4 stripe over 1 stripe and haven't tried the new ones)

Barnes68
08-31-2009, 05:35 AM
Thanks sos much for the advice. Anyone else?

mooimabear
08-31-2009, 05:37 AM
well personally for me, i find that the babolats are great game improvement racquets. generally speaking, people choose between the pure drive series or the aeropro drive series (the first is more towards power and the second is more towards spin, so you can just choose depending on your preference). i'm speaking out of experience when i say that the babolats provide ample weight, and the headsize is not too big or small. after you improve your game to the point where you are confident in your strokes and able to generate enough power and spin on your own, you can move on to the heavier player racquets.
like right now i'm switching from the babolat pure drive cortex to the kfactor k95 (16x18). you can also choose the head liquidmetal radical, it's a very solid racquet, and you can customize the weight using leadtape!
i hope that answered your question, mind you that this is just my personal opinion, you're free to choose as you please! :]

0d1n
08-31-2009, 06:33 AM
LM Instinct is a great racquet and it will make the transition pretty easy for you.
It's less powerful, more stable and more control oriented than your current one. It still packs enough power though and you can use it up to very advanced levels in the game of tennis.
It's also cheap on top of all that ^^

wyutani
08-31-2009, 06:34 AM
babolats, the pure drives, sticks made in heaven.