PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Progressor NT questions

alfa164164
08-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Given it's lighter weight, how did this bat hold up against the big hitters?
IMO relatively light and flexible usually equates to extremely low powered, is that the case here? Maybe the extra lenght helps a bit in this regard.
Anyways, I'm a big fan of Fischer frames and am wondering how this compares to say the extended length Pro No. 1 FT a couple of years ago.

alfa164164
08-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Bump - anyone, anyone.
Not much time left for Fischer.

Ten_nuts
08-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi, you are right that relatively light and flexible usually equates to extremely low powered, and this applies to the Fischer Pro #1 FT but not the Progressor NT. I happened to play with both recently and i found the major difference is the swing weight. The swing weight of the Pro #1 FT is only sround 310, while the Progressor NT is like 325. Therefore, the Progressor has more solid feel, excellent control, and great pop. My progressor was strung with Luxilon main at 53 lbs vs Wilson NXT 16 cross at 58 lbs. 1st serve is the bomb, and 2nd kick serve is awesome. Huge forehand without loosing control and 2 handed backhand is outstanding. I took me a short while at net to get comfortable because the extra 0.5 inch, but i am fine now. This racquet is for around court player. You can demo it from tennis warehouse, but their string is syn gut and it was usually strung at very low tension. You can cut off the string and string with the way you want. I remembered i also strung it with all Luxilon Power 16g at 55 lbs, and it hits awesome. Demo it and you'll see.

NicoMK
08-31-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm a big Fischer fan too, using their frames for years but I don't know the Progressor, sorry. Never used it as not available in France. But the frame really seems to be the same as the Pro N1 98, but longer. Which means that it SHOULD be head heavier, so more efficient at the net and on the serve. It's very flexible yes, TW says RA 59, so use LOW tension, as on every Fischer, I think. And you should find once again the unique Fischer feel. To me this frame is 'just' a Pro N1 98, but with extra lenght.

That's not much but I hope this'll help.

Pacific has just acquired Fischer tennis. We don't know yet what it's gonna be like... Let's wait and see.

Cheers,

Nico

NicoMK
08-31-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm a big Fischer fan too, using their frames for years but I don't know the Progressor, sorry. Never used it as not available in France. But the frame really seems to be the same as the Pro N1 98, but longer. Which means that it SHOULD be head heavier, so more efficient at the net and on the serve. It's very flexible yes, TW says RA 59, so use LOW tension, as on every Fischer, I think. And you should find once again the unique Fischer feel. To me this frame is 'just' a Pro N1 98, but with extra lenght.

That's not much but I hope this'll help.

Pacific has just acquired Fischer tennis. We don't know yet what it's gonna be like... Let's wait and see.

Cheers,

Nico

tapatio
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
The Progressor nt is absolutely one of the best frames I ever tried (Klip Scorcher 17 @ 56 lbs), it has great control and pop, whereas the ft is definitely the worst stick I ever tried, it had no power at all, it felt like hitting with a piece of wood. I ended up giving a couple fts to a friend of mine.Given it's lighter weight, how did this bat hold up against the big hitters?
IMO relatively light and flexible usually equates to extremely low powered, is that the case here? Maybe the extra lenght helps a bit in this regard.
Anyways, I'm a big fan of Fischer frames and am wondering how this compares to say the extended length Pro No. 1 FT a couple of years ago.