PDA

View Full Version : Is the person that got Federer's racquet after the Nasdaq final on this board?

BreakPoint
04-05-2005, 01:51 PM
I read that Federer was so elated after his win over Nadal at the Nasdaq Open final on Sunday that he gave his winning racquet to a fan in the stands. I was just wondering if that fan that got the racquet is on this message board?

If so, this could settle once and for all what racquet Federer is really using.

gugafanatic
04-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah I got the raquet. He uses a custom built nike raquet, with cushion air grip. No one knows about this, and nike are not willing to release this stick on the market.

sebastiaN911
04-05-2005, 03:09 PM
u didnt get it, i got it. its a piece of crap racquet that u can make at home using a two by four

gmlasam
04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I read that Federer was so elated after his win over Nadal at the Nasdaq Open final on Sunday that he gave his winning racquet to a fan in the stands. I was just wondering if that fan that got the racquet is on this message board?

If so, this could settle once and for all what racquet Federer is really using.
Keep checking ****. I'm sure it will be there if that person is strap for money :)

BreakPoint
04-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Looks like we have a few wise-asses on this board. Either that or instead of Federer giving you guys his racquet, he smacked you on your heads with it. :lol:

BTW, I don't want the racquet. But after reading 10 billion threads speculating on what racquet Federer really uses underneath his paintjob, I just thought whoever has it could take some measurements and tell us if it's really an nCode nSix-One Tour, a PS Tour 90, a PS 6.0 85, a PS 6.0 90, or some other totally custom frame that Wilson has made for him.

gts072
04-05-2005, 04:37 PM
I would like to know also. Maybe if you somebody does some research, they can track the person down. Its a slim chance but not impossible.

ShooterMcMarco
04-05-2005, 04:55 PM
in exhibitions he does use an actual ncode tour 90...
http://calsportmedia.com/v-web/gallery/albums/Pacific-Life-Open-05/DSC9412.jpg

look at the throat of his racquet in that pic(look at TW's pic of ncode90 as a reference), and compare it to the one below. even though hes sitting at an angle, the angle isnt steep enough to give the illusion that its shortened

http://a.blick.ch/img/gen/8/u/HB8uPT2X_Pxgen_r_420xA.jpg

that throat resembles the throat on the 6.0 prostaffs, its longer.

Andy Hewitt
04-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Plus the 6-1 tour 90 is like the smallest/heaviest racquet I have ever used. We got to try all the nCodes and this open house at a tennis club, of course i went straight for the 6-1. I mean the frame is like no bigger than my head. I kept hitting the frame. When u see him play, the racquets look much larger.

BreakPoint
04-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Actually, when I see Federer play on T.V., his racquet looks smaller than a nCode 90 to me. I'm starting to think that, maybe, just maybe, he really does use a PS 6.0 85 with a nCode paintjob. However, I think there was someone that posted a thread here a while ago that his racquet is actually a custom made ProStaff with a 88 sq. in. head and a 16.5mm beam width. If that's indeed true, then I guess that would explain why it looks a bit smaller than a 90 to me on T.V.

alan-n
04-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Considering that Federer grew up grooving his stokes from the 6.0 85, can't see him straying far away from its feel. The 6.0 85 is simply not suitable for todays clay court game. Federer is a pretty tall guy at 6-1, the racquet will look small.

I wouldn't doubt that Federer now uses a custom "NCoded" racquet.... All the NCode process basically does is stiffen up areas of the racquet where it is injected. Wilson only injects the silcone crystals in very small key areas, this seems to deaden the feel, as if the racquet head were filled with foam. No sense adding dead weight to an already heavy kevlar braided racquet. Never the less the NCode tour 90 does remind me of a 3/9 leaded up 85', in that the head doesn't torque on off center hits which ensure a cleaner hit and makes you believe the sweet spot is larger.... Hmmm, maybe thats what the NCode process was a substitute for... lead weight and foam as it feels more head heavy than the 85, whatever it works and I like it, my arm likes it.

Cigo
04-06-2005, 02:39 AM
...we still would not be able to get the racquets and actually use them. What's the point of knowing? Use the 6.0 85, Tour90 or the Sick-One 90. ;)

THE ANIMAL
04-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Oh my god how many times your question has been answered so leave it rest.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=38874

johnmcc516
04-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Plus the 6-1 tour 90 is like the smallest/heaviest racquet I have ever used. We got to try all the nCodes and this open house at a tennis club, of course i went straight for the 6-1. I mean the frame is like no bigger than my head. I kept hitting the frame. When u see him play, the racquets look much larger.

Its not larger, if anything its smaller.

zillianff
04-06-2005, 07:23 AM
i was at the final, and yes he did throw it to the crowd. funny thing is that one guy practically had it in his hand and the another got a hold of it with 2 hands and yanked right out of the other guys hand. sux for the first guy.

norcal
04-06-2005, 07:29 AM
i was at the final, and yes he did throw it to the crowd. funny thing is that one guy practically had it in his hand and the another got a hold of it with 2 hands and yanked right out of the other guys hand. sux for the first guy. If he was a Nadal fan he should have thrown it back!

BreakPoint
04-06-2005, 11:40 AM
...we still would not be able to get the racquets and actually use them. What's the point of knowing? Use the 6.0 85, Tour90 or the Sick-One 90. ;)

No, I don't want to use his racquet. Just to settle once and for all the question of what racquet Federer is really using, which seems to come up every day. Just do a search. There are about a million threads on this never ending subject.

BreakPoint
04-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh my god how many times your question has been answered so leave it rest.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=38874

Yes, I've seen your thread. However, it seems the question continues to come up even after you posted your excellent thread with pic of his racquet.

So can we ALL AGREE that Federer is actually using a custom made PS 6.0 88 with a modified nCode throat with a red and white nSix-One Tour paintjob then? If so, then we can just end this discussion here once and for all.

BreakPoint
04-06-2005, 11:46 AM
i was at the final, and yes he did throw it to the crowd. funny thing is that one guy practically had it in his hand and the another got a hold of it with 2 hands and yanked right out of the other guys hand. sux for the first guy.

Yeah, I'd bet the guy who got it may not even know about paintjobs and probably thinks it's just another nSix-One Tour. He may even end up trading it with his friend's used Ti. Radical. ;)

Rickson
04-06-2005, 12:28 PM
I have his racquet. Federer's racquet is actually a Babolat with a really good paint job.

Crize
04-06-2005, 01:30 PM

Fedubai
04-06-2005, 02:29 PM
What is it with the conspiracy theories about paint jobs on this board? Have any of you actually ever held or seen super close his current racket? Not the one in the pic of that thread, the one he's using now? What makes you so sure he is using a paint job? Would really like to know what all the fuss is about.

I don't see what is wrong with using a modified nCode...as long as it isn't a different model and being made to look like the newest fad. However, I see no proof that this is what he is doing.

French Tennis
04-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi,

It's me, but.... :)

I've put it in the court and I had serve with mine, the federer raquett fall on the floor with the speed of my ball.....

So, nothing else, I put the raquet in a bag on my road....

But the player is nice, if somebody could give the raquett back to federer, I will prefer playing with him than with it's raquett...

Sorry, sportily ;)

Dopke
04-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Rickson- thanks, that was very insightful.

Rickson
04-09-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm selling it on **** for no less than 5 grand.