PDA

View Full Version : Fischer M Pro One 98 vs M Comp 95 vs PK Redondo 98

sstchur
08-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Totally struggling to determine what racquet I should buy. I've demo'd the M Comp 95, and while it is nice, I feel like it lacks something... "feel" is (I think) what I find missing. It's soft and flexy which I like, but it feels "dead" to me. Even the Donnay Pro One (which I think is even /more/ flexy) still felt more "lively" to me (and I'd got with that, were it not for my feeling that it lacks stability).

What did seem to have it all: stability, soft/flexy, and a good amount of feel was the PK Redondo 98. Really like it.

Problem right now is that I really don't have much money to spend on racquets, and ideally I'd like to get 2 or 3. I'll say straight up, the PK is too expensive for me. I would have to find it used, which is possible, but I need 4 1/2 and I'm not willing to build up from something smaller (been there, didn't like it).

I have seen the PK Redondo 93 in a lower price range elsewhere, but I'm concerned about a lack of ability to generate spin w/ the smaller head size (since it still has just as dense a string pattern as the 98 )

That is where the Fischer M Pro One 98 comes in. Spec wise, it looks great. Open string pattern, soft/flexy, good amount of weight. Everything I want (on paper).

But how does it compare to the PK Redondo 98. Anyone know?

Does it lack "feel" like the M Comp 95? Does it provide more "pop" than the M Comp 95? Does it feel as stable as the Redondo?

Anyone with experience with any or all of these racquets, please chime in with your thoughts.

I may demo the M Pro One 98, but I've got 4 out now, so it'll be a while before I get the current ones back and then receive the new demos... and I'm getting impatient!

Your thoughts welcome.

martinrousev
08-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Take a look at my comparison between M Pro One and Redondo
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3700970&postcount=310

Meaghan
08-31-2009, 02:14 AM
Id also like to know what strings you had in the M comp, for me it had loads of feel, I let it go cos it was underpowered. I havent played the Redondo but I can say the M Pro 98 is a great all round racket, low powered, lovely feel IMO I just couldnt get that extra pop on serve.

sstchur
08-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Id also like to know what strings you had in the M comp, for me it had loads of feel, I let it go cos it was underpowered. I havent played the Redondo but I can say the M Pro 98 is a great all round racket, low powered, lovely feel IMO I just couldnt get that extra pop on serve.

It's a TW demo, so presumably, some sort of 16g synthetic gut strung at about 2 lbs above mid?

Meaghan
08-31-2009, 10:05 AM
It's a TW demo, so presumably, some sort of 16g synthetic gut strung at about 2 lbs above mid?

The racket deffo needs low tension, low 50s, and its sensitive to different strings. I had alu power and gamma pro and i got nothing from it, I sold it to my mate when i took on the Rebel and he put my set up below in it and it works great, think he;s got it at 52lbs, gotta be 17g too. loads of power and spin, he's a very good player and his touch is superb.
As for the difference between the 2 rackets i think very little, the M comp being a little more difficult with headsize and weight, but I moved from the 98 to the 95 and prefered the 95.

t135
11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah, the M Comp 95 is pretty lively. Must have been the string setup.