PDA

View Full Version : New Wilson Frames?

DoubleWindsor
08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Do you guys think wilson will be coming out with a new line of frames anytime soon, dont they usually bring out something new every two to three years?

Or did the ps88 take the place of a new line?

DoubleWindsor
08-31-2009, 05:26 PM
No one?

I know they just introduced the FX stuff but I wouldnt say thats a new line, just some stuff for beginner frames.

Think theyll introduce anything at the open?

volleynets
08-31-2009, 05:28 PM
I do not think they have announced anything yet. Ncode was replaced after three years by KFactor so maybe 2010 something will come out. They are definitely keeping it quiet if so.

NovakWannabe
08-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Here is a post in another thread discussing it.

Nick,

Try the kBlade Tour, Dunlop 4D 300 Tour and maybe wait for the new Wilson 6.1, Wilson 6.1 Tour to be released in Jan 10. Someone told me that Head is trying to make a Youtek Prestige that will be released Jan 10 and that will be close to the Prestige Classic 600 in feeling.

// Rosen

I hope Rosen doesn't mind me giving him undue attention, but he's a player on tour who I believe is sponsored by Wilson - he uses a KBlade Tour and even if he isn't sponsored, he's got connections with guys like Soderling and others who he cites a lot.

DoubleWindsor
08-31-2009, 06:26 PM
novakwannabe, that was very helpful, thanks alot

DonBot
08-31-2009, 08:48 PM
I think 2010 is a good guess on the 6.1, it seems like they are running every three to four years, plus Wilson came out with some mediocre frames the last two year and one good one that is crazy demanding. I only hope the paint jobs are decent again, even if I like how the k95 hit, the thing is sooo ugly I would never switch from the ncode.

Eros
09-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi,
In Italy we are talking abount a new wilson line...
I know that wilson is ready to replace the k factor line, cause this material cause al lot of problem to arm. particolary k blade frame, but also K6.1 are very hard nad a lot of player came back to the Ncode version.

Rumors tell that new wilson line wll'be very very similar to the Ncode line (that is the better of the last years), with new paintjob and new marketing battage...

that are rumors we have in Italy, I wait for some new from the States...

LubbockAg
09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
NCode line was better than the KFactor line in my opinion, at least in regards to NPro Open vs. KPro Open.

Maris
09-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I definitely liked better ktour over ntour. More control, better feel. Sweetspot is but still not enough big compared to old hammer series......power as well. Nothing had beaten the rectangular geometry as well

sureshs
09-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Federer will be swing a new Wilson frame/paintjob thereof for AO 2010 (if he doesn't retire before that).

BillyGillispie
09-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Federer will be swing a new Wilson frame/paintjob thereof for AO 2010 (if he doesn't retire before that).

YAY:):):):)

Eros
09-02-2009, 12:43 PM
I definitely liked better ktour over ntour. More control, better feel. Sweetspot is but still not enough big compared to old hammer series......power as well. Nothing had beaten the rectangular geometry as well

also Ksix.one team is better than N six.one team. I find this frame the better in the category 295 gr. slim frame, but it is also the most difficoult of that category. In fact is target is 4.5+ players. Also Ncode blade was a very good frame (very similar to head radical), the K blade is instead too stiff and hard for arm. Than, if we consider k blade 93, I know a lot af friend with arm ill because they used that frame...

Eros
09-02-2009, 12:44 PM

king roger will always use the Ncode one...:cool:

Pwned
09-02-2009, 02:03 PM
King Roger does not use the Ncode.

skyzoo
09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
King Roger does not use the Ncode.
Your name says it all hahahahaha

Prostaffer
09-02-2009, 08:53 PM
yes. there will be a new line of sticks coming at the end of the year.

sorry i can't give more info. as to which model is first, but it will not be a k factor or fx update. whole new line.

Hollywood2
09-03-2009, 01:14 AM

sorry i can't give more info. as to which model is first, but it will not be a k factor or fx update. whole new line.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the new stuff will look really good. I only hope the new 6.1 Tour 90 will have a nice thin beam with a matte finish not the glossy one as this seems to make the beam a tad thicker in my opinion.

If they could make the beam even thinner than the current version so that its really nimble that would be awesome.

Cheers.

jwbarrientos
09-03-2009, 03:07 AM

:)

I know you can't provide any inside info, but is there any blue and yellow frame coming :oops:

You know, the best soccer team in the world has those colours. :)

ryushen21
09-03-2009, 07:26 AM
It sounds like just about everyone will be releasing something new around the AO. New Wilsons, New Babolat Aero series, Head Youtek Prestige etc etc.

Venetian
09-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm hoping for a larger variety of 95in frames, like they used to make. I wish they would make US models of some of the lighter Asian and European sticks.

Mikey Fresh
09-07-2009, 03:50 PM
i think its coming cause at my pga store they just dropped the k6.1 95 $50