PDA

View Full Version : Prince 03 Black Longbody - can anyone help me with this racquet?

carolyn73
08-31-2009, 05:05 AM
Ive just read a couple of threads about the Longbody but I was hoping that there might be a few more people who are happily using it and can give me a run down on their experience with it. Also if anyone could compare it to the Babolat Pure Drive Plus that would be great.

Thank you.

Rhinosaur
08-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Ive just read a couple of threads about the Longbody but I was hoping that there might be a few more people who are happily using it and can give me a run down on their experience with it. Also if anyone could compare it to the Babolat Pure Drive Plus that would be great.

Thank you.

I use the PDR GT+. Love it, especially on the serve. I have not used the Prince Longbody, but I do know some on these boards have a difficult time with control with the speedports. However, the power of the Pure Drive is rather hard to control, too.

That being said, you can almost get two longbodies for the price of one Pure Drive, so the price may be right.

Fedace
08-31-2009, 11:41 AM
TOO HIGH of Swing weight.......really BAD

GS
08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Just demo it (with maybe a few other sticks) from TW. Its swingweight isn't THAT bad. Its extended length should help you. If you buy one later and hate it, I'll buy it from you (with a 4-1/2 grip, of course), since I'm interested in this racquet as well....

Spyre
08-31-2009, 12:45 PM
tons of ppl have complained of it breaking arond the O holes. You're talking about the one currently on sale right?

carolyn73
08-31-2009, 01:52 PM
No-one has used the 03 Black Longbody? :(

carolyn73
09-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Bump .

Rhinosaur
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Most players stick with traditional length, therefore light feedback on this topic.

I've played with an oversize speedport that was essentially plus-length, and I can say that it was a good racket. I did not experience any speedport cracking.

I'd say at the price and Prince's reputation that it's a safe bet.

carolyn73
09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
I appreciate the efforts guys, but what Id really like is some input from people who have actually played the racquet. I can't get to demo it right now but I wanted a bit of info before hitting.

Reezy
09-01-2009, 04:32 PM
i bought one about a month ago and have been playing with it.. i like it alot.. have it strung with luxlion bb.. i can generate alot of spin and power.. i used to use a aero pro drive and seem to hav alot more power with the prince.. hav no problem with control

clay courter
10-22-2010, 12:10 PM
As I just indicated on another thread, I've played with the racquet for a year. You'll experience immediate improvements with serve, backhand (if it's a 2-hander), and volleys (b/c of extra reach). However, it has taken practically the entire year for my forehand to come around. The extra length/swing weight caused me to be late in preparation and to use a smaller loop. The result was lost power.

If you don't have a good combo of strength and dedication to make technique improvements, I wouldn't recommend the racquet, b/c your forehand will never come around.

However, if you do, it can be a terrific racquet.

I haven't had any problems with cracking, and the control of the racquet is just fine.

The dropshot is unimaginably bad, but I'm willing to live with it for the other advantages it provides.