PDA

View Full Version : I need a new racquet...help

Viker
08-31-2009, 09:51 AM
I am just getting back in the game again. I am playing with a Prince CTS Blast (not oversized) and would like to explore getting a new racquet (its been 12 years since I was into tennis seriously). My old one is heavy compared to the racquets out there now. It is starting to hurt my arm (elbow) because of how wristy I am on my forehand. I like to play with alot of top spin. I am clueless to the new technology of racquets.

Any suggestions on a decent replacement ? I dont want one that is too thick where I will shank alot of shots.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aces09
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
If you use alot of spin, I have a few suggestions.

Babolat Aero Pro Drive cortex. Nadal's racquet, lightweight but very very stable. It's got a nice feel, an open string pattern so you can whip it around and get alot of spin.

Babolat Pure Drive. A similar racquet, very popular with big spin players, especially on tour. I find it's a bit more powerful than the aeropro drive, but has a similar feel.

Head Radical Pro. It's a little heavier than the Aeropro and the Pure drive, but is still light enough to do good weight/balance work with lead. It has a slightly more open string pattern and it's great for spin players. It has a thinner beam too so it's more stable and the beam doesn't get in the way, I'm a big fan of this stick and this is my recommendation.

Prince exo3 graphite midplus. An update to a classic stick, has a very open string pattern and has great stability. If you don't go with the Radical pro, go with this racquet. I love the exo3 technology and the general prince feel.

Viker
08-31-2009, 03:19 PM
this got moved where?

himynameisNIKE
08-31-2009, 03:21 PM
the "racquets" section

VGP
08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
What's wrong with your CTS Blast MidPlus?

It's still got specs that are suitable for "today's" game. 97 sq in. 16 x 19 string pattern. Comfortable flex. Headlight.

Unless it's on its last legs, get it freshly strung and gripped and get out there playing!

It's not racket tech that's changed much in 16 years, it's the strings.