PDA

View Full Version : Racquet help

daslosh247
08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
So I just had my wrist scoped 3 months ago and have had chronic trouble with it. Much to my dismay, the trouble seems to still be there. Not so much pain as just stiffness, especially the next day(s). I'm a 5.0-5.5 former college player, I still play competitively on the open level, though I haven't played a tournament since the winter. My current stick is babolat pure storm ltd, with pro line II 18g at 58. Before that I used pro hurricane tour 17g at 58 and that was a harsh set up. Frame before that was Wilson ntour two with livewire 16g at 62 and I don't recall that much pain or trouble with my wrist. I just switched frames to get more pop on my forehand. Before the wilson was the prince hornet, again livewire at 62 or 64 and don't recall any pain/trouble there but switched to get more pop on my forehand. I'm wondering if you guys think it's the racket or string or what? It's a chronic wrist problem but I think the racket has something to do with it.

guille_vilas
08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
So I just had my wrist scoped 3 months ago and have had chronic trouble with it. Much to my dismay, the trouble seems to still be there. Not so much pain as just stiffness, especially the next day(s). I'm a 5.0-5.5 former college player, I still play competitively on the open level, though I haven't played a tournament since the winter. My current stick is babolat pure storm ltd, with pro line II 18g at 58. Before that I used pro hurricane tour 17g at 58 and that was a harsh set up. Frame before that was Wilson ntour two with livewire 16g at 62 and I don't recall that much pain or trouble with my wrist. I just switched frames to get more pop on my forehand. Before the wilson was the prince hornet, again livewire at 62 or 64 and don't recall any pain/trouble there but switched to get more pop on my forehand. I'm wondering if you guys think it's the racket or string or what? It's a chronic wrist problem but I think the racket has something to do with it.

Maybe if you try a manuravable racquet? Less heavy? Use to have a wrist pain playing, im currently using Prince Exo3 Rebel 95, with KIRSCHBAUM prolite at 1.3 and 55, and im not having that pain anymore... but i dont know...