PDA

View Full Version : Racquets related to the nBlade 98?

tennisoh
08-31-2009, 10:40 AM
I have used these for a while, but with them getting roughed up and not a lot of new ones out there, I am looking for another racquet, any brand.

Which racquets play a lot like the nBlade 98? Does the stock racquet Babolat makes for Nadal play anything like the nBlade?

Tim
09-01-2009, 03:41 AM
the closest you'd get to an Nblade from Babolat is the Pure Storm Ltd. GT but Babolats play stiffer than an Nblade. The other racquet you could give a try would be the YOUTEK speed 18x20 but again its stiffer and like the babolat the swingweight is much lower than the Nblade, unfortunately they were a pretty unique frame.

furyoku_tennis
09-01-2009, 10:07 AM
the radicals play quite similar to the nblade. i believe the nblade was wilson's version of the head radicals. you might also want to consider the kblade, though its not as soft as the nblade.

mauricem
09-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm in the same boat as you, transitioning from the nblade.

Still playing racquet roulette but currently liking the Fischer Mpro1 98 and Dunlop Mfil 200 97 both of which are great value at sale prices.

The Dunlop is much stiffer on paper but with an open string pattern and a bit of weight at 3 and 9 it doesnt take long to get in the groove with it coming from the nblade.

I also use the ag100 mainly for singles where I really notice the increased kick and pace I can get on serves but this one does take longer to harmonise with.

Speedport tours were another incomplete experiment which I might revisit at some time

good luck!

fuzz nation
09-02-2009, 05:43 AM
The nBlade has an interesting design with a firm hoop and a flexible throat. It seems to behave like a soft frame, but deliver the crisper feel you might expect from a something rather stiff. Two other frames I can think of with a similar design layout are the Fischer M Pro that mauricem mentioned and the Yonex RQiS 1 Tour.