PDA

View Full Version : Topsin Cyber Blue

skyzoo
08-31-2009, 03:19 PM
This string blew my mind. I put it on my mains in my fxp rad tour and it produced a great deal of spin and control. And blue on an orange racquet is really nice. I strung my mains at 55 and my cross of gosen 17 at 58. I found a keeper. well worth the $85

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACALPHA-CPOW17LR.html

Power Player
08-31-2009, 04:31 PM
It's a nice string. I have a full bed at 60# on my apdc and so far it is real nice.

Silverdragon795
08-31-2009, 06:54 PM
which one is better? topspin cyber blue or topspin cyber flash?

Fedace
08-31-2009, 07:09 PM
^^I think cyber flash is more popular for some reason. Wonder how it compares to Proline2 ??

JZImmer123
08-31-2009, 07:17 PM

I like the Cyber Blue because it is softer than the Flash, though I think the flash produces more spin. Power feels about the same to me.

diredesire
08-31-2009, 07:27 PM

I like the cyberflash better. The power level of the Cyberblue is slightly too high for me. The Cyberblue kills the cyberflash in terms of comfort, as well.

Cyberflash for me is better because (IMO) it has better spin potential, and it's cheaper. Power is medium-low, and very predictable. There's just too much power for me in the CB.

nickarnold2000
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
CB's tension maintenance is better

Power Player
08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
I cant say just yet since I only have a few hours with it. The Cyberflash is an incredible string. I get insane amounts of spin with it. But it dies and breaks real fast. I would rate it as my favorite poly, but I hit real well with the Cyberblue on my first outing.

I'd like something that I can play with a little longer and is around the same pricepoint. So I'm checking out a few others. But I would strongly recommend trying the CF.

The CB has a lot of power for sure. I strung it at 60# so I could control it...thats a little high for a poly on the apdc.

mdjenders
08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
i prefer the concept pure to the cyber blue. similar comfort and softness, but better playability and tension maintenance, IMO.

coloskier
09-01-2009, 11:36 AM
i prefer the concept pure to the cyber blue. similar comfort and softness, but better playability and tension maintenance, IMO.

I don't know if I agree with you about the tension maintenance in Concept Pure, but it is definitely softer, low powered, with great access to spin. It's the best string I've played with, although I am using it in a VERY powerful racket, the KPS88, so I need a low powered string.

Silverdragon795
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Would you think a cyberflash/gosen hybrid would work well on a k90? And what tension would you recommend stringing each?

Lsmkenpo
09-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Unique Big Hitter Blue is the exact same string as Topspin Cyber Blue,
and is priced lower.

gflyer
09-01-2009, 02:38 PM
^^I think cyber flash is more popular for some reason. Wonder how it compares to Proline2 ??
I've been playing with CF 1.20 for a while now on my 4D200 16x19.
I am very happy with it. But I always keep experimenting.
Now I have a set of PL2 ready to string. I will test it in the next few days.
I hope to have the time to write a small comparative review or at least my initial impressions.

mdjenders
09-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't know if I agree with you about the tension maintenance in Concept Pure, but it is definitely softer, low powered, with great access to spin. It's the best string I've played with, although I am using it in a VERY powerful racket, the KPS88, so I need a low powered string.

my experience has been that the tension drops pretty quickly at the start, then settles into a pretty stable range for quite some time. for me, by the time it breaks, i feel like i have gotten a few matches of stable tension.

film1
09-01-2009, 10:26 PM

I have never tried cyber blue but had a couple of full string jobs with cyber flash and they were a little tight for poly.
I had been using x-one or og but cf left my arm was hanging like a dead vine.

In fairness to the string, I am damaged goods, in fairness to me I would not use it if it were free.
I hope to find a comfortable poly to use with the gaucho gut but I need to heal.

coloskier
09-02-2009, 12:52 PM
my experience has been that the tension drops pretty quickly at the start, then settles into a pretty stable range for quite some time. for me, by the time it breaks, i feel like i have gotten a few matches of stable tension.

Yes, I agree totally. I've only actually broken the string once. Every other time I've had to cut it out after three weeks because it has gone dead.

skyzoo
09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
So far after my two tries with it on my 3rd alternate racquet I love it. Great stuff

stanfordtennis alum
09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
great string, agree with all above poster, personally prefer the cyber flash over this one

MarrratSafin
09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Cyberblue is good but I prefer Cyberflash over it too, as it's crispier and provides better control. Blue feels a tad too mushy for me.

nickarnold2000
09-02-2009, 08:59 PM
CF provides a little more spin but I switched to CB because of the arm comfort and better tension maintenance.

fastdunn
11-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Unique Big Hitter Blue is the exact same string as Topspin Cyber Blue,
and is priced lower.

Is this true ?

downs_chris
11-06-2009, 05:02 AM
i've only played with cyber flash and love it...i think the big complaint (if there are any) for cyber blue (which i have yet to hit with) is that it's a little on the "mushy" side...

SlapChop
11-06-2009, 05:31 AM
I am having Cyber Flash put on right now. I was previously using Wilson NXT. I hope that the Cyber flash works better for me.

Lsmkenpo
11-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Lsmkenpo
11-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Is this true ?

Yes, it is exactly the same string, same color, plays the same, same nylon ties
holding it in package. Here is a thread with others drawing the same conclusion.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=205750&highlight=big+hitter+blue

There are 3 or 4 factories in Germany making all these strings and some are simply rebranded.

I suspect that quite a few of the new black strings that were released around the same time are also the same string simply rebranded.

Toad
11-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I strung my racket up with Cyber Blue/gosen micro last week. I have only hit with it once and my initial thoughts were it is way to powerful for me, and it doesn't have much feel/is mushy and muted. I plan on hitting with the string all next week to get a better feel for it, but I probably won't end up going with this one for my customers...to powerful for me is fine, but no feel is never good.

I have put it in a few of my customers rackets, two who have tennis elbow and wanted a more durable string/a string that wouldn't move around at low tensions. Two of my customers that I put it in like it so far (one who has tennis elbow and who said it was soft enough for him). One of my customers didn't like it at all (other one that has tennis elbow)...said it was to stiff. That was after he hit two balls with it, so hopefully he will give it one more go before he decides it is terrible.