PDA

View Full Version : People to People Sports Ambassador Program

tennisprince45
08-31-2009, 05:34 PM
So today my brothers and I received letters from People to People Sports Amabassador Programs. Has anyone heard of this before or have been invited too? The letter says something about an invitational tournament in Austria. Since I'm not a particularly good player, not enough to attract international attention, the letter becomes all the more mysterious. If anyone has done this before or has any information about this that we should know, please reply. Thank you.

mcutilize
08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
igot this for grades and for tennis going into 8th ande freshman year (soph now). its pretty expensive the tennis one is short like one week only

himynameisNIKE
08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
yeah ive gotten one every year since fourth grade however they are very expensive and i have not been able to attend

scraps234
08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
i got one and i went to one metting... it didnt really look very competitive but looked fun... the price was very high though

TennisTaxi
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
My son and daughter have received thsoe letters for years. My daughter's friend went to a soccer program in Amsterdam with P2P, she had fun but it was not competitive.

mrmo1115
08-31-2009, 08:07 PM
My friend went but never asked him for his experience.

tennisprince45
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
so i take it that its not worth it huh? well tnx 4 d replies

tennismom42
09-01-2009, 07:53 AM
So today my brothers and I received letters from People to People Sports Amabassador Programs. Has anyone heard of this before or have been invited too? The letter says something about an invitational tournament in Austria. Since I'm not a particularly good player, not enough to attract international attention, the letter becomes all the more mysterious. If anyone has done this before or has any information about this that we should know, please reply. Thank you.

Yea, we got those too. We went to a big auditorium meeting. All kids from all sports were there. It's a business -- understand that. They are glorified travel agents trying to get you to europe to play your sport. It's very, very expensive.

woodfield824
09-01-2009, 08:18 AM
i got this going into eighth grade. Didn't go because my parents thought Austria was a bad country sice WW2. Heard its a lot of money for 2 weeks. like 10,000.

Miami83095
09-02-2009, 05:29 AM
i got this going into eighth grade. Didn't go because my parents thought Austria was a bad country sice WW2. Heard its a lot of money for 2 weeks. like 10,000.

Ur from the East right? Wats ur ranking

TennisCoachFLA
09-02-2009, 07:05 AM
They just buy name lists of kids who play in any local sports program. Like someone said, it is a very expensive travel agency. Certainly a ton of better ways to spend that amount of money.

tennismom42
09-02-2009, 02:39 PM
They just buy name lists of kids who play in any local sports program. Like someone said, it is a very expensive travel agency. Certainly a ton of better ways to spend that amount of money.I think I know where they are buying the birthday list. When my son was a toddler, I signed him up for the "birthday club" at McDonalds, with my mom's address. So, all this age-specific junk mail has been coming to my mom's address including military recruiters, college planners. etc.

Note to self -- beware of McDonald's Birthday Club

TennisCoachFLA
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I think I know where they are buying the birthday list. When my son was a toddler, I signed him up for the "birthday club" at McDonalds, with my mom's address. So, all this age-specific junk mail has been coming to my mom's address including military recruiters, college planners. etc.

Note to self -- beware of McDonald's Birthday Club

Ha, I hear that. My 4 year old gets more junk mail than I do!

Gmedlo
09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm sure you could get 2-3 years of twice-weekly private lessons for less than the cost of a p2p program.

Barfy
09-04-2009, 10:38 AM
i did the P2P program last year. 6 grand for italy france and europe. reason its so expensive is because europe is so expensive. i did the touristic one and i can tell you its worth the money. got tours of all museums we went to and got VIP entrance in the vatican. my trip included a homestay. i wish i could do the tennis one but they don't have it in the west coast.