PDA

View Full Version : Prince Exo3 ignite

Federafa23
08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Sick racqet, awesome graphics and a great playing racqet, who agrees????

psp2
08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
I didn't like the mushy stringbed, hence my frame is for sale.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=279718

mrmo1115
08-31-2009, 08:06 PM
I haven't seen any junior use this racquet yet. Specs look alright, but I don't like the feel I get from Prince sticks.

tennisntn3477
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Sick racqet, awesome graphics and a great playing racqet, who agrees????

It's a really solid frame - really great one-handed backhands with it.

Federafa23
09-01-2009, 04:08 AM

just get your own strings at a tight tension

Meaghan
09-01-2009, 04:31 AM

I dont understand what this mushy stringbed means, its often brought up when discussing the ex03's. Is it that the floating stringbed gives me a soft grippy feeling that lets me feel like im placing the ball where i want.

The more crisp feeling you like seems to just bounce off my strings!

Ljubicic for number1
09-01-2009, 04:49 AM
I dont understand what this mushy stringbed means, its often brought up when discussing the ex03's. Is it that the floating stringbed gives me a soft grippy feeling that lets me feel like im placing the ball where i want.

Yeah I don't get it either, some of the first gen o3's were very muted but the Exo's just have a very rich quality feel.

Federafa23
09-01-2009, 04:53 AM

I agree, I also like the crisp feeling.

Meaghan
09-01-2009, 05:25 AM
Yeah I don't get it either, some of the first gen o3's were very muted but the Exo's just have a very rich quality feel.

At first I was quite bemused, the Rebel had this buzz, something that i had only felt on cheaper lighter frames, I thought 'poo' ive just bought an expensive piece of rubbish. (i was just having a knock with the missus, who screams when a ball comes towards her! so not a major session)
I went back the next day and it had gone, i think the racket and stringbed was just settling in, and what was left behind was a delicate vibration when playing touch shots that people i think call 'feel'.
Im glad i gave the racket the chance as that feeling proved to be the rackets big advantage, thats why i dont understand the mushy comment.
Also all these prince rackets with floating stringbeds seem to have more spin than anything else ive used.

Oh by the way Ljub, I had a match the other day which i lost 6-4 3-6 6-4 (I had a handicap of 3 shots a game which proved too much in the end). Anyway i S&V a lot and i gotta say the OPT worked very well at the net, with touch shots not unlike the Rebel. Now its getting more and more confusing if there is actually any real difference between the port holes and string holes!

Nellie
09-01-2009, 05:30 AM
awesome racquet, if you have a big game, but oddly, it is not nearly as forgiving as the Graphite 93. The Ignite has more pop, but is harder to whip through the ball for topspin because it is less headlight.

Ljubicic for number1
09-01-2009, 05:53 AM
At first I was quite bemused, the Rebel had this buzz, something that i had only felt on cheaper lighter frames, I thought 'poo' ive just bought an expensive piece of rubbish. (i was just having a knock with the missus, who screams when a ball comes towards her! so not a major session)
I went back the next day and it had gone, i think the racket and stringbed was just settling in, and what was left behind was a delicate vibration when playing touch shots that people i think call 'feel'.
Im glad i gave the racket the chance as that feeling proved to be the rackets big advantage, thats why i dont understand the mushy comment.
Also all these prince rackets with floating stringbeds seem to have more spin than anything else ive used.

Oh by the way Ljub, I had a match the other day which i lost 6-4 3-6 6-4 (I had a handicap of 3 shots a game which proved too much in the end). Anyway i S&V a lot and i gotta say the OPT worked very well at the net, with touch shots not unlike the Rebel. Now its getting more and more confusing if there is actually any real difference between the port holes and string holes!

Definitely a big difference between ports and holes, feels like 2 different racquets, the touch is better with the string holes but the ports have big power, better spin, huge sweetspot and more forgiving. If you have multiply racquets its definitely worth setting one up with ports to see what you think. I currently have 2 set up with ports and 1 with string holes. They were about $6 from mid west.

Meaghan
09-01-2009, 06:28 AM
will do then Ljub, I'll order both sets and swap around. Its all very interesting, it seems like Prince has taken over my life, something I never thought would happen, always a Head man to be honest. These rackets have all the specs but sod CAP's and Karophite, PWS and Twaron, these ports actually make a huge difference.

Federafa23
09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Ljub is definitely right, there is a huge difference between ports and holes. However, for some people the difference is hard to tell. It took me 15 hours to learn to feel the difference.

Nellie
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I cannot stand the odd squeaks from the holes.

Federafa23
09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
what odd squeaks?? i never heard any.

LafayetteHitter
09-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Just ordered string hole inserts to install on my second Ignite.

cknobman
09-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I only demo'd the team but it was awesome.

Great power, lots of spin, good feel not too stiff but not muted like my Speedport tour.

Compared to the ExoGraphite this was hands down the winner but I prefer more headlight racquets and despise head heavy ones.