PDA

View Full Version : switching racquets? maybe..

yoh4u
08-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Hey guys, I play with a Yonex Rqis 1tour and i love it. Today i played with a APDC standard (strings popped~_~) and I played way better than i normally did. My hitting partner and I usually play matches and they turn out pretty close but today i beat him 6-1, 6-2. He even asked me"why am i not using this racquet."
I was planning on 2 more yonex's but this racquet kind of through me off course.

Should i switch racquets?

*Compared to my yonex the Apdc feels a little hollow or not as solid. =\ but it plays amazingly :-?

quest01
08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
It doesn't matter how it feels, its all about how it plays and results so in that regard switch to the APDC. You shouldn't even have to ask this question, its something you can answer yourself.

gunnd5000
09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
err after one match you cant be certain have a few more goes with it

furyoku_tennis
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
you could just be going through a honeymoon period with the new racquet. i'd play with it consistently for at least a week before jumping to a conclusion.

yoh4u
09-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback ^_^ I'm gonna play with it for week or so before i come to a conclusion.

Dgpsx7
09-01-2009, 10:45 PM
you could just be going through a honeymoon period with the new racquet. i'd play with it consistently for at least a week before jumping to a conclusion.

I agree, sometimes you just have a really good day. You should use it for a couple matches before you decide to switch.

Fed Kennedy
09-02-2009, 12:44 AM
That's interesting dude. I started hitting with a pure drive about two weeks ago and I havent lost a set since the first day. I think the racquet feels like crap but I don't know what to say. My hitting partners aren't world beaters but they have beaten me in the past. I played two sets today and didnt face a break point. That's never happened to me. I think my 6.1s might be going onto the wall...give it some time like the others say

Meaghan
09-02-2009, 01:05 AM
The Yonex RQiS tour is a hard racket to use you need to be of a really good standard to use it. Its easy to see why the ease and pace of the APD or the PD as someone stated above would attract many.
Its a matter of gaging your standard and applying it to picking a racket.
Stick with it for a bit, play some better players, see what happens etc.