PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm Tour (GT?) (+?)

Superspin_AT
08-31-2009, 11:38 PM
A few months ago I played the K-Blade 98. Because it was too stiff, and when I was in defense I couldnīt get a ball over the net and I didnīt liked the 18x20 pattern I sold them.
Because I havenīt got a racket, my coach has given me a POG LB. First I loved this racket, and I even wanted to by it, but I only could get this racket from TW (too high additional charges). Before this racket I tried the Pure Storm Tour + with Alu Power and then my arm was hurting.
After this I tried the Oehms Black Pearl 1,23 (Discho Black Mamba 1,23) on it, and I havenīt found the groove. In addition the grip wasnīt solid (common Babolat problem); so it was a bit loose and squeaking.
A few days ago I was hitting again with this racket for only 3 minutes (problem with grip was fixed) with the Big Banger Original. It was strung very hard, but I liked the feel, the control and the pace of this stick. Now Iīm not sure if I should try the Pure Storm Tour + again or maybe the normal version or the GT.
With the PST I havenīt got my serves hard, so when the GT allows harder serves than the older one, then I would try this stick.
I donīt have a problem with overlength-sticks, but maybe then I will find a lack in maneuverability, because this stick is also heavier then the rackets I played before.

Thank you and sorry for my grammar again. :)

Superspin_AT
09-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Can somebody help me? Are there not enough details?

Superspin_AT
09-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I just played with the PST+ again and liked it very much.

@PST(GT)-Users: Is the touch and feel of the two versions GT and normal PST similar?
Should I test the GT before I get it, or would you say, when I like the normal version I will also like the GT?
What are the biggest differences?

Thank you!

odyssey
09-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I have played with pst (not plus) for a year, and demoed pstGT with same string setup recently. I think the difference comes from stiffness (GT feels a bit stiffer). That seems why many people feel GT is a little more solid. Other than that, there is no big difference between them except paintjob.

hope that helps.

Superspin_AT
09-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Thank you very much!
I think a little bit more stiffness is good for this racket. There are much rackets were the forerunner is a bit stiffer or softer. According to TW the GT is even a bit softer.
But when the stability is better, then I will get the GT.
If anybody has more informations or experiences, then I would like to here them. ;)

Barricade V
09-03-2009, 06:26 PM
I tried all of the four old version and all of the four new versions. I used the babolat pure storm tour for about 6 months, and when the new versions came out, I demoed them. I am switching to the plus version but thats besides the point. The difference between old and new version is mostly in cosmetics and feel of the racquet. The old racquet vibrated a lot in my hands, but felt very crisp to me, while the new version has a more dampened feel, and no vibration. I personally like a more dampened feel, and so I liked the new version. Other than that, there wasn't that much of an incentive to switch racquets (however I did). My friend, who also used the pure storm tour for 6 months, didn't like the new version because of a personal preference to the old one and he is sticking with the old version. Personal taste, you should demo.

Hankenstein
09-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I tried all of the four old version and all of the four new versions. I used the babolat pure storm tour for about 6 months, and when the new versions came out, I demoed them. I am switching to the plus version but thats besides the point. The difference between old and new version is mostly in cosmetics and feel of the racquet. The old racquet vibrated a lot in my hands, but felt very crisp to me, while the new version has a more dampened feel, and no vibration. I personally like a more dampened feel, and so I liked the new version. Other than that, there wasn't that much of an incentive to switch racquets (however I did). My friend, who also used the pure storm tour for 6 months, didn't like the new version because of a personal preference to the old one and he is sticking with the old version. Personal taste, you should demo.

^^ Spot on!
Im also feeling a more dampend feel in the new frame and it feels much stiffer then the old PST.
I personally like the flexier feel of the old PST and will stick with the old version. Of all my friends who playtested the new PST GT iīm the onlyone that likes the old version more.,, and one of the guys used to have a ATP-ranking a couple of years ago and he also said he liked the solid feel of the new PST GT more then the old racket

Superspin_AT
09-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Thank you!

Superspin_AT
09-04-2009, 05:37 AM
So, in your opinion the touch is different? Because I like the touch of the old one very much. Like butter, when you hit the sweetspot. When the touch is different, then I will take the old one.

Hankenstein
09-04-2009, 09:27 AM
So, in your opinion the touch is different? Because I like the touch of the old one very much. Like butter, when you hit the sweetspot. When the touch is different, then I will take the old one.

If u ask me, yes the touch in the old frame is superior the new one. The GT version feels much more stiff and solid but i love the feel of the old frame so i will sell my 2 testrackets of the tour gtīs and stock up on old PSTīs ,, i have 3 now and waiting for 3 more.:)

JackB1
09-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Would u guys say the old Pure Storm Tour is a flexible, "arm friendly" racquet?

monomakh
09-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Would u guys say the old Pure Storm Tour is a flexible, "arm friendly" racquet?

yes

10char