PDA

View Full Version : Serena and Venus are not 'fair players'

ximena
09-01-2009, 04:04 AM
Always if they are not winning immediately they complain about injury, they put the match in the 'freezer' and then as a miracle they play better than any healthy one. Very tricky.

super_forehand
09-01-2009, 05:39 AM
wow your first post and this is what you do? lol

and it should be in rants and raves.

anyhow, welcome to TW

Bud
09-01-2009, 05:49 AM
Always if they are not winning immediately they complain about injury, they put the match in the 'freezer' and then as a miracle they play better than any healthy one. Very tricky.

Completely not true. Venus was truly injured in her match last night and rarely calls for a medical time out. She's been dealing with a bum knee (patellar tendinitis) since at least Wimbledon.

David_Is_Right
09-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I've seen Serena do this at least twice before. The oldest way to game someone in the book.

Nuke
09-01-2009, 05:57 AM
I thought it was odd to call out the trainer after only three games when this was a problem she had for awhile. If she needed to be massaged and taped up, shouldn't that have been done in the locker room before walking out?

Bud
09-01-2009, 06:18 AM
I thought it was odd to call out the trainer after only three games when this was a problem she had for awhile. If she needed to be massaged and taped up, shouldn't that have been done in the locker room before walking out?

She apparently tweaked the knee early in the match.

LuckyR
09-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Serena and Venus are not 'fair players'

I completely agree, they seems rather dark complected...

pabletion
09-02-2009, 05:00 PM

ooooooooooouch..... I remember when I first posted on TW, I asked about strings, lead tape and such ;)

aaaaaaaanyways, its the general consent that the Williamses are very very poor sports, theyll never admit their rival was better that day, specially Serena. Venus is not that bad.

welcome to TW, careful, its addictive....

flyinghippos101
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Venus really? Not that bad, Serena is despicable when it comes to sportsmanship, just watch that video about her and the #1 ranking, it'll cleary illustrates what kind of a person she is

Noveson
09-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Serena and Venus are not 'fair players'

I completely agree, they seems rather dark complected...

The attempt at being clever turned out even more funny than actually being clever.

fantom
09-03-2009, 03:49 AM
You guys are crazy to lump Venus in w/ Serena. I've only seen Venus get angry a few times in her entire career. I've never seen her do ANYTHING unsportsmanlike...

Xisbum
09-03-2009, 04:49 AM
If by "not fair" you mean having superior athletic ability and the overwhelming desire to win, than you're correct. Most athletics who reach the top of their sport have to be selfish, ruthless and supremely confident in their abilities. Most are able to hide some of those qualities by the time they reach the interview room - but not all.

Same goes for CEOs and presidents. If they didn't believe in themselves, they couldn't do what they do.

To me, fair and best don't often belong in the same sentence.

Just my opinion, of course, worth just as much as yours.

Philsthrills
09-03-2009, 05:20 AM
You guys are crazy to lump Venus in w/ Serena. I've only seen Venus get angry a few times in her entire career. I've never seen her do ANYTHING unsportsmanlike...

I have found that Venus is able to be gracious to her opponents in interviews and tends to be a very good sport on the court.

Serena, on the other hand, rarely ever gives credit to her opponent when she loses. I don't know that I would call her unfair, though.

I also was not impressed with her staring down that line judge when she foot faulted - as if it were his fault that she couldn't control her feet. Rafa and Venus were both called for foot faulting this week and they just kept their heads up and kept going.

TripleB
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM

The only thing that bothers me about the Williams sisters is that very seldom do they give their opponent any credit. When they lose they seldom say nice job to their opponent or that their opponent just played better than they did.

If someone beats you, give them some credit!!!!

TripleB