PDA

View Full Version : Need A New Racquet,,plz help

Viker
09-01-2009, 09:26 AM
I am just getting back in the game again. I am playing with a Prince CTS Blast (not oversized) and would like to explore getting a new racquet (its been 12 years since I was into tennis seriously). My old one is heavy compared to the racquets out there now. It is starting to hurt my arm (elbow) because of how wristy I am on my forehand. I like to play with alot of top spin. I am clueless to the new technology of racquets.

Any suggestions on a decent replacement ? I dont want one that is too thick where I will shank alot of shots.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aces09
09-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Babolat Aero Pro Drive, Babolat Pure Drive.
These have wider beams than typical sticks, but have great spin potential

Head youtek Radical Pro, Head Speed 16x19, Head Speed Pro, Prince exo3 graphite MP, Prince Exo3 Ignite
These racquets aren't going to give you as much free power as the Babolats, but they have great spin potential and plenty of control.

All of these racquets can be found on Tenniswarehouse.com, and you can read user comments and reviews from the TW staff.

I'm a big fan of the Head Radical Pro, it has a really thin beam and I love it nomatter what I string it with. It's great on the elbow and has a sweet soft feel. The string pattern is REALLY open so I recommend stringing with poly, at least in the main strings.

Rhinosaur
09-01-2009, 10:44 AM
For topspin you can't go wrong with the AeroPro Drive. It's a light baseliner's racket. Some say it "just doesn't feel right," but I'd demo one based on what you're looking for.

furyoku_tennis
09-01-2009, 10:56 AM
what kind of specs were you looking at? something similar to your old racquet or something a bit heavier/lighter?

wyutani
09-01-2009, 10:58 AM
you could never go wrong with the pure drive GT. its old pure drive was like named the best racquet of the century.