PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Advice Please

fiyahdave
09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I have been demoing a large number of racquets and was hoping someone with some more experience in the different models could offer some advice. I have found 2 racquets that are excellent in certain phases and was hoping someone could steer me towards a possible racquet that could take a little bit of everything into account.

Pro Kennex 7G: This racquet has transformed my serve. I am coming off shoulder surgery and the command I have on my serve with this racquet is unlike anything I've experienced in my 20 years of playing believe it or not. Other than the serve...the racquet is awful.

Prince Ozone Tour Mid +: This racquet is average on serves but has been one of the most satisfying racquets on the rest of the court. Volleys seem to fly off a bit (wrong tension but it's a demo) but I love the control overall, although the power is low.

So my question is what would you guys recommend to get some more of the PK 7G effect on my serve but still be a nice all court racquet? The 7G is 27.50 inches long which might be a big plus when serving in my case...just a guess. Any racquet recommendations in the same league at these two? Thank you in advance!

MethodTennis
09-01-2009, 12:24 PM
PK7G 10char

furyoku_tennis
09-01-2009, 12:42 PM
personally i'd go with the pk as it has better feel than the ozone tour. the ozone lacks a bit of feel and touch and is muted. maybe if you experiment with the strings and tension a bit you can find a setup that makes the 7g play more to your liking.