PDA

View Full Version : Microgel Radical vs Youtek Radical MP

coyfish
09-01-2009, 01:31 PM
So I have demo'd quite a few rackets. Dunlop AG 100, roddick gt, yonex rqis 1tour, wilson ktour (davenport one), nadal racket,youtek radical, and verdasco's technifibre.

Not suprisingly I like the youtek radical. I haven't given the pro version a shot but I don't think I will like the bigger head. "Not suprising" because I came from a LM radical MP which I have been using for a while. I don't know if that immediate comfort is good or bad. Im switching because I was just sold a broken austrian made frame from a guy in Canada. The austrian version is hard to come by nowadays. I only have one austrian which is too annoying to be worth living with. The China one doesn't play the same way.

Anyways . . . my impression of the youtek was positive. It felt like an improved LM radical. One thing I hated about my LM was the volley'ing. Flexy frame really made it difficult. If you didn't hit it perfect . . . bad result. The stiffer youtek feels much more solid at net. Everything else is comparable. Feels like a solid all around racket.

Now for the question. I have not tried a MG radical mp yet but I have seen lots of positive feedback regarding it. Many people seem to say its more solid than the youtek. Not many reviews on here about either racket so figured I would ask about your opinions.

What do you think??? Microgel vs Youtek radical??

Also feel free to discuss the radical pro's as well.

Thx !

Pure Babs
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
I didn't like the Youtek Radical Pro, but I thought the Youtek Radical MP was a good all around racquet... the only thing is it felt kind of "hollow" to me. I am interested in what people think comparing the Youtek Radical MP and the Microgel Radical MP

tdent
09-02-2009, 01:43 AM
I think the YT Radical is a good improvement on the MG Radical, the new version is definitely stiffer, and as a result you get more pop. Better stability, volleys and serve are better and more spin, but still very good control. The biggest difference I found was the feel, it is quite difference, the YT seems to have a tweener feel to it, very dampened, but at the same time the frame is stiffer so crisp at the same time, hard to explain, but like the previous poster said, itís a bit hollow feeling. The new one seems easier to use, sweet spot is bigger. It could be the strings though, I tried with Sonic Pro strings so I wonder what its like with a good multi string. I did not find that much of a difference in swing weights as the specs mention, maybe the YT was slightly more head heavy. I think they did a good job with the YK, and the new frame shape is great, I also think the grip shape is slightly changed.

jediluke
09-02-2009, 05:04 AM
also interested in your opinions, please discuss :)

bertrevert
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
So I have demo'd quite a few rackets. Dunlop AG 100, roddick gt, yonex rqis 1tour, wilson ktour (davenport one), nadal racket,youtek radical, and verdasco's technifibre.
nice lot there!!!

a LM radical MP . The austrian version is hard to come by nowadays. The China one doesn't play the same way.
Agreed, Austrian LM - much different and much nicer (than the subsequent China ones).

Anyways . . . my impression of the youtek was positive. It felt like an improved LM radical. One thing I hated about my LM was the volley'ing. Flexy frame really made it difficult. If you didn't hit it perfect . . . bad result. The stiffer youtek feels much more solid at net. Everything else is comparable. Feels like a solid all around racket.
More nodding and agreement. Yes the YT is stiffer and send it off directionally in a much sharper way. You get a little more plow-thru with the stiffer frame.

Many people seem to say its [MG] more solid than the youtek.
No way!!! The MG is as light as the YT but flexier and so it's v liquid. Comfortable sure, but not more solid. I think the YT felt like a more solid ride.

Also feel free to discuss the radical pro's as well.
Slow down there, very diff frame. Tried the MG Rad Pro and this frame is a much diff ride. Huge sweetspot (couldn't feel the volleys in the huge spot) and a much higher SW, so it suits a diff sort of game.