PDA

View Full Version : My PT280 is 27 1/4 long

Thepowerofchoice
09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I just picked up 9/10 condition PT280 "Desinged in Austria". It plays stiffer than my Radical Zebra twintube but it still has an original string on it so it is hard to tell how the racquet really plays. It is 27 1/4 long??? Is this 1/4 inch extra length normal? I thought PT 630/280 have 27 inchs standard length.

dadozen
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm no expert, but I don't think so. Actually, I'm pretty sure it should be 27".

evantsung
09-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I have the same racquet as you, and I do believe it's a tad longer than my other racquets. I'll confirm with you tonight.

furyoku_tennis
09-01-2009, 03:19 PM
i'm pretty sure they should be 27 inches. however, head racquets have been known for deforming a bit when strung. you should cut out the strings and measure it again.

dr325i
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
I also recall that my PT280s (though Made in Austria) were a tad longer for some reason... I didnt think it was a 1/4", but could have been...

MarrratSafin
09-01-2009, 03:32 PM
If they have a pallet system, check them. I don't have any PT's but some of my Radical Twintubes came slightly longer and it turned out that the pallets are not installed perfectly (not fitted all the way to the top) and that resulted in slightly longer sticks.

tandayu
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
If they have a pallet system, check them. I don't have any PT's but some of my Radical Twintubes came slightly longer and it turned out that the pallets are not installed perfectly (not fitted all the way to the top) and that resulted in slightly longer sticks.

yes,

it could be

- the head elongated
- pallet not installed properly
- buttcap not installed properly

Hidious
09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Check out my post in this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=272698&highlight=shape

If the longer shape is due to stringing, your sweetspot should be higher on the stringbed.

evantsung
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I just checked my PT280, and indeed it is a little longer. Measuring the bare handle without buttcap and pallet, the length is the same as my Head PC600 and my other Yonexs. With the butt cap on (without the pallet), it's about 1/8 to 3/16" longer.

Thepowerofchoice
09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
i'm pretty sure they should be 27 inches. however, head racquets have been known for deforming a bit when strung. you should cut out the strings and measure it again.

yes,

it could be

- the head elongated
- pallet not installed properly
- buttcap not installed properly

Check out my post in this thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=272698&highlight=shape

If the longer shape is due to stringing, your sweetspot should be higher on the stringbed.

I just checked my PT280, and indeed it is a little longer. Measuring the bare handle without buttcap and pallet, the length is the same as my Head PC600 and my other Yonexs. With the butt cap on (without the pallet), it's about 1/8 to 3/16" longer.

Yes...The head of the racquet is elonged from stringing, I put my PT280 on top of my Radical TT Zebra which has the same mold and the standard length of 27 inchs. The PT280 head is narrower and longer. I don't string my own racquet so what is the best way to fix it and bring the head shape back to it original. I normally string my racquet around 50-53 lbs with soft strings.

Thepowerofchoice
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes...The head of the racquet is elonged from stringing, I put my PT280 on top of my Radical TT Zebra which has the same mold and the standard length of 27 inchs. The PT280 head is narrower and longer. I don't string my own racquet so what is the best way to fix it and bring the head shape back to it original. I normally string my racquet around 50-53 lbs with soft strings.

Would tighter mains and looser crosses does the trick?

Hidious
09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Just string it normally. That's what solved the problem for me. If you hybrid, maybe stiffer crosses could cause an elongated head...

Thepowerofchoice
09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Just string it normally. That's what solved the problem for me. If you hybrid, maybe stiffer crosses could cause an elongated head...

Thanks. I will string it today. The racquet still has an original string on it.