PDA

View Full Version : WeissCANNON Turbotwist

Dangus
09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Anyone have experience with this string? There haven't been many threads about it.

Dangus
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Nobody? :(

MarrratSafin
09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Excellent string. Soft and great spin potential, and excellent tension maintenance thus far. Much better than Cannon Silverstring IMHO, and is one of my favourites so far.

PROTENNIS63
09-02-2009, 05:10 PM
String was great for first two hours and then performance went down hill. I liked silverstring more though unlike the poster above.

Casco
09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Great string!

Dangus
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
String was great for first two hours and then performance went down hill. I liked silverstring more though unlike the poster above.

Did it have a Luxilon-like decline?

Fedace
09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Excellent string. Soft and great spin potential, and excellent tension maintenance thus far. Much better than Cannon Silverstring IMHO, and is one of my favourites so far.

How does it compare to Bluegear ??

mdjenders
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
interesting. i was very impressed by the silverstring, so might have to give this a shot.

MarrratSafin
09-03-2009, 04:04 PM

Not played Blue Gear yet but have a couple sets here and will try them soon. From what I heard Blue Gear doesn't maintain tension well but guess the spin potential is right up there.

PROTENNIS63
09-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Did it have a Luxilon-like decline?

From my experience yes. It maybe lasted a tad longer. The lux decline for me is even quicker.

PROTENNIS63
09-03-2009, 04:06 PM

I wouldn't exactly say turbo twist is similar to blue gear. 2 different strings in the sence that blue gear is deformed and is more similar to like plasma hextreme. Turbo twist will be somewhat similar to Spin X or Gamma ZO Twist.

Dangus
09-03-2009, 05:11 PM
From my experience yes. It maybe lasted a tad longer. The lux decline for me is even quicker.

Ah, looks like I'll be sticking to Silverstring then. Thanks!

PROTENNIS63
09-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Ah, looks like I'll be sticking to Silverstring then. Thanks!

No problem. :)

I always say this but want to repeat again that strings are personal preference and you may like what I dislike and vice versa.

Casco
09-04-2009, 08:01 PM
TurboTwist will be available in a thicker guage later this month, and I'd imagine that will hold up a little better. I've found it to have better bite and a crisper feel tha Blue Gear.

lpicken
09-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Any idea when the turbo twist is coming out and in what gauges? I really want to invest in a string of this stuff. Casco, did you string your self?

Fedace
09-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't exactly say turbo twist is similar to blue gear. 2 different strings in the sence that blue gear is deformed and is more similar to like plasma hextreme. Turbo twist will be somewhat similar to Spin X or Gamma ZO Twist.

is this string better than the Proline 2 ?

tlm
09-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Hit with this string for the first time.It does not feel like a poly, great comfort.It provides good spin+crisp but very comfortable.

It seemed like i could not miss, very good control if you apply spin.But i did not seem to get as much pop off the court as i would like.

tlm
09-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Used this string for the 2nd day+ it plays very good.This is a very unique string,great feel of a multi with the spin of a poly.

This is different from any poly i have used, nice crisp feel but yet soft+comfy at the same time.This is nothing like blue gear a dead+ real stiff poly, no comparison in these 2 strings.

nickarnold2000
11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Has anyone been using Turbo Twist lately?

crism54
11-18-2009, 02:28 AM
this string is twisted around its longitudinal axis, but are also shaped? which is the section of this string?

HitItHarder
12-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Has anyone been using Turbo Twist lately?

I am interested in people's thoughts on turbo twist as well, especially how it seems to hold up during extended use.

I hit two hours with it last night with my routine hitting partner. It was outdoors and cold (the temp was in the low 40s). I had three of my racquets (MG Rad) with me for comparision.

I had a full bed of Turbo Twist strung at 58lb mains/56lb crosses (strung 24 hrs before we played). I had a synthetic gut/multi hybrid (Head PPS 17/Head FXP 17) strung at 57lbs that had about 12hrs of use on it. Last I had a kevlar/multi hybrid (Kevlar 17/FXP Power 17) strung at 57lbs that had about 12 hours of use.

Initial thoughts were that I was getting an good bit more spin than I could generate with the kevlar setup I have been using. Good crisp stringbed. Low powered and I could take big cuts. My hitting partner even commented on how the ball was jumping a lot higher than it normally does on my groundstrokes. Control was very good as well. I didn't hit a lot of serves, but when I did my kick serve and slice were also moving a ton. Flat strokes were dropping a little short and lacked some of my normal power.

However, after the first hour, it seemed like the strings settled in and the power really started to pick up. In fact, I started having trouble keeping the ball in the court on big cuts. The spin also seemed to drop off -- but this could have just been from me backing off my swings some due to the power increase. It had substantially more power than the kevlar set up. I would even say it had more power than a fresh set of one of my synthetic gut/multi hybrid setups. Flat serves started to really pop and I had more trouble placing my kick serve.

In other words, after the first hour or so, this string played more like a multi than a poly. I would compare spin, comfort, and power all to a good quality multi. Durability seems fine as I noticed only minimal notching so far. Not a lot of string movement at the two hour mark.

Therefore, maybe this string gives you good durability with the characteristics of a multi. However, I am not sure this is a string for me. Seems to have more power than I like. I prefer a stiffer stringbed as well. I may up the tension some and try again, but unless the playing characteristics change as the strings get some more use on them, I probably won't be switching to this string.

I am wondering if other people have noticed similar things and how the string plays after that 6 to 8 hour mark. Thoughts?

Casco
05-22-2010, 04:04 AM

Actually, more like Zo Tour Rough. It isn't like a shaped string that was re-heated and twisted.

Murray_fan1
05-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Turbo Twist is an extremely lively co-poly and can see where it could be compared to a multi. The great thing about this string is that is multivalent. If you find it is too lively than juice up the tension a bit and you are good to go. I have strung this up for a number of my customer's and have yet to find a person that does not like it. Another fantastic Weiss Cannon product!!!

TripleB
08-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Love it in the 1.24mm. Amazing spin, soft feel, excellent touch (for a poly), and amazing control.

I have it as my mains in a hybrid with Forten Sweet 16g (Prince Ozone Tour w/soft grommets) and it has such a soft feel with great power. It's supposed to be strung 56/58 but I think it started out well below that (I'm thinking around 51/53 or so).

I was thinking of ordering several other strings to test against it (Cyclone, Mantis Power Poly, Pacific Poly Force, Outlast, Revolution, Black Code) but as wonderful as it played last night I think I've found my string.

Now it's just seeing if Mantis Comfort Synthetic works better than the Sweet as a cross or not.

TripleB

dadozen
08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Great string, nice fell, good spin, very comfortable, holds tension well, but personally I didn't like it. I much prefer Scorpion 1.22 from the Weisscannon catalog. Also, Silverstring felt like plastic.

I have 2 sets of Mosquito Bite to try, I'll have them strung on my next stringjobs.

David123
08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
do you guys thing one should test the turbo twist by hybriding it or using full bed? I just got a set of turbotwist and silverstring and planning to see which one I'd like better. Currently my racket is freshly strung with solinco revolution which I will hit with tonight.

HitItHarder
08-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Great string, nice fell, good spin, very comfortable, holds tension well, but personally I didn't like it. I much prefer Scorpion 1.22 from the Weisscannon catalog.

Turbotwist is my poly of choice, but I keep reading good things about Scorpion. What is the main difference in the strings that make you prefer one over the other?

TripleB
08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
do you guys thing one should test the turbo twist by hybriding it or using full bed? I just got a set of turbotwist and silverstring and planning to see which one I'd like better. Currently my racket is freshly strung with solinco revolution which I will hit with tonight.

I say hybrid it...saves a few bucks and if you go with something soft it gives the racquet a huge feeling sweetspot.

TripleB

bad_call
08-03-2010, 01:20 PM
TurboTwist will be available in a thicker guage later this month, and I'd imagine that will hold up a little better. I've found it to have better bite and a crisper feel tha Blue Gear.

what gauge of BG are you comparing here?

TripleB
08-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Turbotwist is my poly of choice, but I keep reading good things about Scorpion. What is the main difference in the strings that make you prefer one over the other?

I haven't compared the two head to head with the same set up.

Last night I did compare a Scorpion 1.28/Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16 set up to the TurboTwist 1.24mm/Forten Sweet 16 set up. (again, not a true comparison because of the different crosses, plus the 1.22 Scorpion would offer a better comparison to the 1.24 TT)

I GREATLY preferred the TurboTwist set up over the Scorpion set up. It was a much softer feel, had more spin, better touch, better control, better power, just a lot better in every category.

Again, with the softer cross and the different gauge strings, most of that would be expected but it was enough of difference (HUGE) to let me know I do not need to try the Scorpion in a 1.22.

TripleB

Icedorb217
10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Turbo Twist is an extremely lively co-poly and can see where it could be compared to a multi. The great thing about this string is that is multivalent. If you find it is too lively than juice up the tension a bit and you are good to go. I have strung this up for a number of my customer's and have yet to find a person that does not like it. Another fantastic Weiss Cannon product!!!

Can you compare this with SpinX?

airman88
10-25-2010, 07:22 PM
I am under the impression that spinx is much lower powered and softer. But I never used my set of turbotwist because it seemed too soft for me.

bad_call
10-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Can you compare this with SpinX?

will give TT a try down the road then post comparisons. have used (or using) SpinX, Scorpion and Blue Gear.

Sander001
10-21-2012, 12:57 PM
~Bumps~

Anybody still swear by Turbotwister? I tried the 1.20mm for the first time today and I thought it was a very nice string that gives a well balanced performance in all categories.

I usually string high, even full poly but I saw that TT had a high stiffness rating so I decided to string much looser than I usually do. Went for 48lbs.

Nothing outstanding but after I switched to it, my opponent began making many more errors so TT may give you that lethal, heavy spin. Very windy today but still had good control, good spin, good feel. Just GOOD!

tlm
10-21-2012, 07:59 PM
To me TT is the softest most comfortable poly I have ever used. It has great spin and a very nice feel, also I found it to play good longer than any poly I have used. The only thing that I dislike about it is its power level, it is very powerful for a poly string. Do not be afraid to string it tight.